RH Clinic Assistant Job at the International Rescue Committee
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to people affected by war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: RH Clinic Assistant
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Reports to: Reproductive Health Midwife
Scope of Work
- The RH clinic assistant is responsible for supporting RH midwives in direct patient care, registering new clients, assessing patients’ reproductive health state, determining what care they need etc.
The responsibilities of the RH clinic assistant include but are not limited to the following:
- Assist RH midwives in direct reproductive health service provision
- Conduct initial consultations for patients attending the clinic according to IRC RH guidelines
- Assess signs and symptoms of illness, take vital signs and enter them in medical charts, develop a nursing diagnosis and triage patient to the appropriate provider
- Register new patients and provide STI and FP counselling
- Provide technical nursing support for RH services
- Ensure referral for all transfer patients are coordinated with necessary health care intervention and diagnoses
- Ensure all necessary information concerning the patients or activities in the clinic are reported to the supervisor in a timely manner
- Maintain the register for medical consultation, of all the present RH services
- Ensure all patient registers are properly filled on daily bases
- Ensure data tracking sheets a properly filled and reported to supervisors in a timely manner.
- To perform any other responsibility as directed by supervisor.
- All IRC staff are required to adhere to THE IRC Way Standards for Professional Conduct and the IRC country employment policies.
- This section outlines the minimum professional experience, academic training, etc. necessary for a candidate to be successful, as well as any additional desirable qualifications. If there is a gender requirement (i.e. GBV case worker or other gender-sensitive positions, depending on cultural context), please list here
- Gender requirement (if applicable): Female
- Qualified CHEW or Nurse with Nurse diploma/certificate
- At least 2 years of working experience in nursing care
- NGO experience preferred
- Experience in RH , BEmONC (EmONC), and working at community level
- Communication skills to educate and sensitise on sensitive RH topics
- Works well in and promotes teamwork, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment, is flexible and able to handle pressure
- Good spoken and written English
- Computer literacy; Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- The positions is located in Maiduguri the situation in northeast Nigeria continues to be volatile and the security phase is orange or red depending on location. This is a national position.
- Competitive Monthly salary,
- 13th Month Salary Inclusive,
- Health Insurance Coverage for Family, Pension, and Creche Facilities available for Women with babies under 24 Months.
Application Closing Date
8th April, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s and cover letter to “The Senior Admin/HR Manager, International Rescue Committee” via: IRCNigeria.Recruitment@rescue.org Application Title should Read: RH Clinic Assiatant, Maiduguri
Note: Hand delivery applications should be submitted in Maiduguri Field office (Rolling Basis).