SEO Specialist Opening at Jumia Nigeria
We are currently looking for talented people with a passion for emerging markets and Africa to join our team and embark on our exciting journey in the position below:
Job Title: SEO Specialist
Job Type: Full Time
- As an SEO Specialist, you will help manage search engine optimization of products and category pages to improve search results and visibility as well as conversion, while driving traffic to the website through search engines.
In particular you will:
- Optimization and indexing of product pages
- Work with Central Team on optimization of category pages to ensure that ranks are high on the search engine result pages
- Work with the QC Team to approve product uploads
- SEO Specialist will also work with Content Team to approve product reviews
- Consistently review the website and look for enhancement opportunities to optimize website search results.
- Perform all on-site optimization, including optimizing title tags, meta information, URLs, content, headers, and more.
- Manage the website content (new product uploads, data scrubbing and migration where applicable, removing products, update pricing etc.)
- Write effective headlines, body, copy, and websites to optimize websites or web pages.
- Work collaboratively with Content Team to assure web advertising is presented most effectively and with key word optimization.
- Create program plans based on E-Commerce Marketing strategies to focus on customer retention, repeat purchases, and customer acquisition.
Professional Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in any field from a recognized reputable university
- 5 years’ experience in SEO, Web Development and Content Management Systems or similar role in a fast-paced corporate environment
- Practice of advanced SEO theory and applied techniques (web ranking, link analysis, data analytics, etc.)
- Proven track-record of increasing traffic, improving brand and site visibility within major search engines for important keywords, increasing site authority through trusted and natural link-building, and surpassing client conversion goals
- Experience with keyword research, ranking and analysis tools.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online