Graduate Mobilization Assistant Job at the African Field Epidemiology Network
The African Field Epidemiology Network (AFENET) is not for profit, networking alliance and service organization that brings together field epidemiology training programs (FETPs) across Africa working side by side with ministries of health, regional and international partners. AFENET works to strengthen epidemiology and disease surveillance capabilities of Africa countries that are critical to meeting the requirements of the integrated Disease Surveillance and Response (IDRS) strategy and the international Health Regulations (IHR).
AFENET is seeking the services of qualified candidates, to fill the position below under the HIV unit:
Job Title: Mobilization Assistant
Duty Station: Abuja
Duration of Assignment: One year
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support all NI V/NAIlS activities relating to mobilization, data generation and electronics system
- Support community mobilization activities and advocacy visits.
- Support the development of work and survey tools.
- Support project mobilization activities and office
- Maintain and keeps in order the NAIlS mobilization offices
- Support and participate in field implementation activities
- Ensure preparation and documentation of all activity report
- Keep all records and minutes of-events
- Support training’s on the NAIlS projects for health workers, field workers and Ministry of Health officials etc. at LGA, State and national levels.
- Support data collection and related activities.
- Perform other tasks as assigned to him by the Mobilization Team Lead / HIV Program Advisor.
Qualifications and Experience
- First degree in Health Sciences, Computer Sciences, Statistics, Public Health, Mass Communication or related field.
- At least one-year experience working in similar roles
- Experience in assessing and/or supporting health systems in Nigeria
- Must also have documented post NYSC experience working in relevant field
- Experience with any analysis software such as STATA, SPSS, CSPRO, Epi Info, 5AS.
- Advanced Academic/Professional qualification will be an added advantage.
- Proven knowledge of modern office procedures
- Language Proficiency: Level IV English (fluency in both written and oral) is required
- Good interpersonal relationship with ability to establish and maintain good relations with people at various levels and of different nationalities
- Skills in Microsoft Office, Epi Info, SPSS and Stata
- Ability to communicate clearly in English language orally and in writing a Good character and good attitude to work.
Application Closing Date
18th April, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should:
Click here to apply online
- Candidates should indicate the appropriate position in their application letter.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.