Health System Strengthening Advisor (Central) Job at Chemonics International
Chemonics International – From our founding in 1975, we have worked in more than 150 countries to help our clients, partners and beneficiaries take on the world’s toughest challenges. Today, we re-imagine global supply chains to deliver essential medicines to the right place at the right time. Our global network of more than 4,000 specialists share an unwavering resolve to work better, driven by a conviction that the world must be better.
We’re one of the world’s leading partners in international development, because where Chemonics works, development works.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Health System Strengthening Advisor (Central)
Scope of Work
- This scope of work (SOW) sets forth the services to be provided by the Health System Strengthening Advisor (Central) to SAII Associates Ltd/Gte, an Associates company of Chemonics International Inc. in the implementation of the USAID Global Health Supply Chain – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) in Nigeria.
- The purpose of the USAID Global Health Supply Chain Program-Procurement and Supply Management single award IDIQ contract is to ensure uninterrupted supplies of health commodities to prevent suffering, save lives, and create a brighter future for families around the world.
- The IDIQ has four task orders that directly support the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI), and USAID’s family planning and reproductive health program.
- GHSC-PSM provides health commodity procurement services and systems strengthening technical assistance that address all elements of a comprehensive supply chain. All four task orders are implemented in Nigeria.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
- Work in collaboration with Implementing Partners, Government agencies and Donors in identifying the Institutional and Technical Capacity Building needs at the Central Level of Government in Nigeria.
- Design required Supply Chain training curricula, on-the-job training manuals/references, and other learning resources appropriately targeted to specific jobs and management tiers. Travel within Nigeria to conduct training and implementation of capacity building activities.
- Work with stakeholders at the Central /Federal level to coordinate the development and implementation of cohesive human resource capacity development building strategies.
- Prepare annual plans, training budgets and training implementation strategies.
- Support the development of project technical reports as needed.
- Work closely with the team members and other departments within the GHSC-PSM Field Office in Nigeria in managing relationships and maintaining routine communications with the Central /Federal Government of Nigeria Stakeholders, Partners and all other related stakeholders in the public health supply chain landscape.
- Work closely with the team in the implementation of the department’s work plans and activity.
- Work with the National System Strengthening team to monitor and update the integrated program meetings- TWGs, Coordination meetings etc. across all Task Order areas in the GHSC-PSM project at the State level.
- Ensure that all National level meetings are properly planned for, supported and documented closely working and supporting other departments and teams within the GHSC-PSM project office in Nigeria.
- Attend all Central / Federal level TWGs, Coordination meeting with the National Systems Strengthening team and other relevant departments and teams within the GHSC-PSM project in Nigeria.
- Coordinate project activities with all stakeholders, including FMOH, USAID, NACA and other government agencies as may be required to ensure a suitable maintenance of the Lagos and Abuja Premier Medical Warehouses.
- Support the development and completion of a Public Private Partnership initiative between Donors and the Government of Nigeria to identify a suitable operator management system for Abuja and Lagos Premier Medical Warehouses. This includes supporting the Donors and the GON to engage a Private Sector Operator to manage the Federal Warehouses (and other GON warehouses as may be agreed) through a PPP approach and building the capacity of GON to manage Government warehouses.
- Provide technical support for system strengthening activities of logistics and supply chain management for HIV, TB, and Malaria disease programs, in collaboration with all program stakeholders and partners.
- Contribute in identifying best practices and success stories for the GHSC-PSM Nigeria Project Office.
- Maintain a good knowledge and understanding of all office rules and procedures as set forth in the field office policy manual.
- Support achievement of the overall project goals as required to ensure project performance.
- Any other activity as deemed appropriate by your supervisor.
- The Health System Strengthening Advisor (Central) will report directly to the Health Systems Strengthening Manager (Central).
- Bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy, Public Health, Laboratory Science, Logistics Management or Social Sciences.
- 3-5 years of professional experience in health programs, preferably in a health care supply chain management environment degree in a relevant field
- Fluency in English is required
Working Conditions/Duration of Assignment
- This is a long-term position for the life of the contract based in Abuja, Nigeria with occasional travel within Nigeria.
Annual Salary Package
- 5 % increase on your current annual base salary (The base salary is the salary before tax without any benefits, allowances or bonuses)
- Transportation Allowance: NGN 208,652.00 (Per year)
- Meals Allowance: NGN 173,407.00 (Per year)
- Miscellaneous Allowance: NGN 453,142.00 (Per year)
- Housing: NGN 974,962.00 (Per year)
- Annual Leave Allowance calculated at 10% of annual basic salary
- 13th Month Benefit calculated at 8.33% of your annual basic salary
Application Closing Date
15th April, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online