Administrative & Finance Officer Job at the African Development Bank Group
African Development Bank Group (AfDB) – Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Administrative & Finance Officer
Position N°: 50072433
- The Bank has reorganized and is developing the Regional Development, Integration and Business Delivery Complex whose major objective is to build regional capabilities and bring responsibility for client activities closer to the regions.
- Five Regional Development, Integration and Business Delivery Hubs have been created, each run by a Director General: Southern Africa, North Africa, West Africa; East Africa, and Central Africa.
- Each Regional Directorate is headed by a Director General and is staffed with the relevant sectoral functions and administrative capabilities for rapid delivery of services to client countries.
- The Regional Directorates provide overall strategic direction to country offices within the regions and are responsible for the Bank’s operations, business development, project management and overall effective delivery of the Bank’s High 5s”.
The Hiring Department/ Country Office
- The position is under the Regional Development and Business Delivery Office, East Africa (RDGE) and located in the Tanzania Country Office (COTZ).
- The African Development Bank Country Office based in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania (COTZ) was established to strengthen cooperation between the Bank and the United Republic of Tanzania.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Under the overall administrative authority of the Country manager and in consultation with the Administrative and Finance Unit at Headquarters, the Administrative and Finance Officer, will among others: undertake to implement the COTZ’s administrative services including accounting and budgeting, human resources activities and supervision of use of office facilities and resources.
- He/she will carry out effective recording, control and management of Bank resources, the Office’s operational activities in keeping with the Bank’s policies and guidelines.
- Prepare the administrative and capital budgets of COTZ in compliance with the schedule set by the Budget Department at Headquarters;
- Monitor expenditures in accordance with the Bank’s internal control rules and procedures and prepare periodic reports and where appropriate propose revisions;
- Implement financial management and reporting procedures and controls to improve service efficiencies, identify savings and promote the efficient use of resources;
- Review monthly financial reports and periodically prepare reports, statements and schedules to facilitate the audit of the Field Office by the Bank’s Auditors;
- Maintain personnel records including benefits in accordance with the Bank’s Human Resources policies and instructions;
- Supervise the procurement of goods and services and management of property and equipment in accordance with Bank rules and procedures;
- Prepare and monitor service providers’ contracts;
- Institute sound stock keeping for office supplies and maintain inventory records and a fixed assets register of Bank property and equipment;
- Control the processing of mission expenditure advances and balances;
- Prepare and follow up the processing by Government of requests for tax exemptions, long stay visas, diplomatic and international organization cards and registration of the Bank’s vehicles and staff members;
- Handle and follow up the processing of visa applications for official missions and all other Bank official documents;
- Submit reports on personnel management; manage office staff benefits in accordance with the Human Resources policy and instructions in force; assist the Country manager with consultant recruitment and staffing issues.
- Oversee the staff members responsible for airport arrival and departure formalities for Executive Directors and Governors, and all other personalities invited by COTZ.
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience:
- At least a Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Audit or Administration.
- Membership to an internationally recognized professional accounting body (CA, CPA, ACCA or Expert Comptable) and a degree in Human Resources Management would be an advantage.
- Minimum of four (4) years relevant experience including 2 years in an accounting firm or in an international/multinational organisation plus 2 years’ experience in a public or private sector organisation;
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team-oriented, multi-cultural environment, to function effectively as a member of various groups and to deliver under pressure;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
- Competence in the use of Bank standard software (SAP, Word, Excel, Access, MS Projects and PowerPoint).
Application Closing Date
20th April, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online