Pension Benefit Assistant Vacancy at the African Development Bank
African Development Bank Group (AfDB) – Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Pension Benefit Assistant
Location: Côte d’Ivoire
Position N°: 50000487
The Staff Retirement Plan Unit (SRPU or the Plan) is a special and autonomous entity established by the Board of Governors Resolution of 05/89, and is tasked with the following principal objectives:
- To provide beneficiaries of the Plan with secure and stable pension upon retirement, and administer benefits, i.e. normal or early retirement, withdrawal benefit, death benefit, disability and other benefits under the Plan;
- To manage the Staff Retirement Plan (SRP) of the Bank under the guidance of the Steering Committee and the Board and ensure its financial soundness through appropriate pension and investment policies.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the Plan Administrator, the Pension Benefits Assistant will have the following responsibilities:
- Organize and compile all relevant personal information for members of the Plan and maintain records for each individual entitled to a benefit under the plan regarding level and entitlement to benefits
- Assist in handling, organizing and scanning documents electronically, filing and preserving all pension records.
- Perform initial process related to payment requests submitted by eligible beneficiaries, ensure all relevant payroll data is accurately input in SAP
- Assist in preparing booklets, pamphlets and other materials that would facilitate dissemination of information to members.
- Engage in the accounting process and administrative transactions of FISR in collaboration with other concerned Departments and Units of the Bank.
- Assist in keeping track of FISR contributions from members and the Bank, as well as account for medical contributions paid by the retirees.
- Assist in the management and maintenance of FISR computer system and associated infrastructure in conjunction with CHIS; assist in the definition of specification of user requirements, testing system changes and selection of software.
- Perform initial verification of the accuracy of benefits to be paid, ensure that all data related to the beneficiary are complete and correct, generate the payroll of the Plan and produce post payroll reports.
- Help organize retirement and financial seminars
- Receive and follow up on requests made by retirees (attestations, annual certifications, etc.)
- Perform other activities as instructed by the Plan Administrator.
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience:
- At least a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Accounting, Business Administration or a related field.
- Desirable: Membership to an internationally recognized professional accounting body (e.g. CA, CPA, and ACCA) will be considered an added advantage.
- A minimum of five (5) years’ relevant professional experience in pension benefit administration. Experience working with actuarial issues, finance and accounting activities of pensions;
- Good organizational skills, ability to multitask; work with attention to details
- Competence with standard MS Office software, competence in SAP HR, experience with SWIFT, Business Warehouse.
- Good communications skills, customer service oriented and teamwork.
Application Closing Date
20th April, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: This position does not attract international terms and conditions (the post holder will be considered as a local staff and will not have international terms and conditions of employment).