Head of Fashion Position at Tiskies Global Nigeria Limited
Tiskies, an African contemporary fashion outfit specializing in African fabrics and western materials to produce a well detailed mix of exquisite fashion for both men and women.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of Fashion
Location: Lekki, Lagos
- We are seeking for a Head of Fashion to join our growing team. He/She will design, produce, and present new fashion apparel that is on trend.
- Ability to understand and interpret prints
- Devise efficient fashion design plans and foster new fashion concepts
- Adapting designs for mass production
- Owns and manage vertical calendar; assure that all critical deadlines are met by the cross functional teams.
- Conduct trend research and interpret style
- Create and present seasonal concept direction on themes, colors, print inspiration, key fabrics and life style
- Create and present material and print pattern
- Create concept boards for presenting big ideas and key looks
- Attend design, fabric fashion, yarn and trim shows
- Travel to stores and competitive shopping locations to gain inspiration and pick up on trends
- Review and approve print design and strike off execution
- Coordinate activities of illustrators and drafters.
- Share fashion insights and analysis with buyers to help them choose the appropriate inventory purchases
- Coordinate with salespeople, designers, production team and manufacturers
- Select garments and accessories that will be used for promotional marketing
- Consider the needs of the target consumers, the new trends, purpose of the event and create and ensemble by combining cloths and accessories.
- Be aware of what the consumers want and display clothes in such a way that it attracts more of them
Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Fashion Design, Merchandising, Art, or related field
- In-depth understanding of design principles, fashion, and the fashion industry
- Accurate and precise attention to detail
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Creativity, innovation and flair
- An eye for colour and a feel for fabrics and materials
- The ability to generate ideas and concepts
- Design and visualization skills, either by hand or through computer-aided design (CAD)
- Technical skills, including pattern cutting
- Garment technology skills and knowledge
- Commercial awareness and business orientation
- Self-promotion and confidence
- Interpersonal, communication and networking skills
- The ability to negotiate and to influence others
- Team working skills
- Good organization and time management.
Highly competitive and very attractive in the fashion industry.
Application Closing Date
4th May 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications and CV’s to: email@example.com
Note: Only qualified and experience candidate will be contacted.