Finance Coordinator Assistant Role at Medecins Sans Frontieres
Médecins Sans Frontières is a private, non-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in crisis, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Coordinator Assistant
Job ID: AS01001
No of Places: ONE (01)
Main Objective of the Position
- Assisting the Finance Coordinator in the implementation and follow-up of the finance activities of the mission, while executing the accountancy and payment related tasks for the capital, according to MSF policies, standards and procedures in order to ensure documentary traceability as well as compliance with local labour and fiscal regulations.
- Supporting the Finance Coordinator with delegated tasks to ensure proper management in the mission (budget, accounting, treasury, reporting, donors, auditing procedures, legal financial obligations, etc.) including the translation of documents and assisting in meetings upon request
- Keeping updated on local laws and regulations and informing the FinCo of any changes or misalignment with the practices in place. Ensuring respect and strict compliance to MSF standards (chart of accounts, quality of documents, guidelines, expense validation procedures, cash security rules, etc.)
- Carrying out delegated accounting tasks and activities for the capital, ensuring confidentiality on all finance issues related to MSF as well as the strict control of all expenditures and the reliability of statements and documentation.
- Processing payments, ensuring that receipts and supporting documents meet the necessary quality standards.
- Filing and/or scanning hard copies of documents, entering information in the accounting software and performing monthly closing procedures for the journals under his/her responsibility
- Following up on rental/service contracts and insurances dates and informing the FinCo on time to organize payments and renewals.
- When requested, replacing other members of the Finance/Accounting Manager or Project Administration Assistants during their absence.
MSF Section/Context Specific Accountabilities
- Responsible for recording all bank transactions of Coordination office/Capital/
- Prepare Capital bank accounts balance reconciliation
- Ensures that the Capital monthly accountancy is complete in accordance with the guideline, and all information is processed as per the monthly accountancy schedule
- Support the Projects & capital team with respect to tax related matters.
- Responsible for giving on Job training and coaching support for field finance team on Finance procedures, rules and regulations.
- Replace Field finance staff in their absence (gap filling)
- Support project Admin and Finance team in handling accurate and up-to-date records are maintained of all contract agreements and ensure these are reviewed and revised as necessary before their expire date.
- Project document verification
- When requested by accounting manager, verify all projects monthly accountancy documents and give comment or feedback to the project and follow-up the process closely. Make corrections as necessary
- Verify projects tax collection and payments and follow-up the whole process closely
- Taxation & related issues
- Make sure all taxes are gets paid for all projects and coordination office on monthly basis on time.
- Maintain proper filing related to Tax, Duty Stamp & Pension payment for all projects and Capital
- Project Support: Need to flexible to visit project location to support Finance team in very short notice.
- Desirable Finance, Business or Administration related Degree.
- Essential previous working experience of at least two years in relevant jobs
- Desirable experience in MSF or other NGOs
- English Knowledge
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel, internet)
- Good working knowledge on MS Office
- Results and Quality Orientation
- Attention to détails
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- Behavioural Flexibility
- Commitment to MSF Principles
- Stress Management
As per the MSF salary scale (national contract) Application Closing Date
2nd May, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s and motivation letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Submit it in person to the address below:
MSF Spain offices,
Plot 394, Etang O. Obuli Street,
Off Idris Ibrahim Crescent,
Jabi – Abuja.
- MSF is a civil society initiative that brings together individuals committed to the assistance of other human beings in crisis. As such MSF is by choice an association.
- Each individual working with MSF does it out of conviction and is ready to uphold the values and principles of MSF.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.