Latest Job Vacancies at International Institute of Tropical Agriculture
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) on behalf of t he Technologies for African Agricultural Transformation (TAAT), seeks suitable Nigerian for the position below at the Institute’s Headquarter in Ibadan:
Job Title: Business Development Officer
Contract: 2-year renewable contract
The Technologies for African Agricultural Transformation (TAAT) is a program initiated by the African Development Bank (AfDB) as part of its Feed Africa Initiative. The main objective of the program is to improve the business of agriculture across Africa by raising agricultural productivity, mitigating risks and promoting diversification and processing in 18 agricultural value chains within 8 Priority Intervention Areas. The program will be implemented by IITA in close collaboration with other CGIAR Centres, FARA, AGRA, national agricultural research and extension systems and private sector partners. It will involve close partnership between the AfDB and other developmental partners such as the World Bank, BMGF, USAID and others.
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Work with the Youth Agripreneurs and trainees to refine their business ideas and facilitate in developing business investment plans;
- Facilitate systemic, ongoing mentoring of entrepreneurs by peers and identified mentors;
- Facilitate and track the progress of grant and loan funding applications to finance training and development of new business enterprises;
- Identify business opportunities and prospective potential successful business alliances;
- Supervise and monitor developed enterprises by providing regular analysis of the agribusinesses alongside the impact officer(s);
- Develop and package agribusiness planning materials for the ENABLE-TAAT compact in close interactions and collaborations with the value chain compacts;
- Carry out any other duties as may be assigned by the ENABLE-TAAT youth coordinator to meet the objectives of the ENABLE-TAAT compact;
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- B.Sc/HND in Business Management, Agricultural Sciences, Agribusiness or related field in management with minimum of three (3) years’ experience performing similar role in a multicultural and multidisciplinary teams.
- Experience in business development especially with youths.
- Good knowledge of the use of computers, database management software, Internet-based tools and other electronic communication tools is required.
- Excellent communication skill in English language is required and working knowledge in French will be an advantage.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Interested and qualified candidates should complete the online application attaching detailed Cover Letter and Curriculum Vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format. The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague and evidence of current remuneration package.
Application Deadline 17th May, 2018.
Job Title: ENABLE-TAAT Youth Coordinator
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Contract: Will be for an initial period of three years
- The Technologies for African Agricultural Transformation (TAAT) is a program initiated by the African Development Bank (AfDB) as part of its Feed Africa Initiative.
- The main objective of the program is to improve the business of agriculture across Africa by raising agricultural productivity, mitigating risks and promoting diversification and processing in 18 agricultural value chains within 8 Priority Intervention Areas.
- The program will be implemented by IITA in close collaboration with other CGIAR Centers, FARA, AGRA, national agricultural research and extension systems and private sector partners.
- It will involve close partnership between the AfDB and other developmental partners such as the World Bank, BMGF, USAID and others. This position shall be an Enabler within the Commodity Technology Delivery Compacts (CTDC) which are part of the Regional Technology Delivery Infrastructure (RTDI) of TAAT.
- The Project Management Unit will oversee day-to-day implementation of project fiduciary and administrative activities; organize the transfer of project resources to the institutions leading the commodity value chains; coordinate the compilation and review of reports from value chain and enabler compacts for submission to the Bank; and elaborate/implement administrative and financial management guidelines/template to be used across.
- Lead the enabler Compact of ENABLE-TAAT and ensure that all activities in workplans are undertaken and appropriate reports prepared and submitted.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee day-to-day management and implementation of the ENABLE-TAAT compact activities in close collaboration with value chain and country implementation teams.
- Support the development of young Agripreneurs through demonstration and training in close collaboration with all program actors especially within the value chain compacts and youth training officer.
- Lead in undertaking the activities of the ENABLE-TAAT compact which include: agreeing with Regional Membership Countries (RMCs) and value chains on approaches to deploy technologies for young people, defining target areas, mobilizing all actors across the value chain and designing and implementing wide-scale farmer extension models.
- Facilitate the implementation of the ENABLE-TAAT compact activities in all target countries and participate in the monitoring of progress made towards achieving the compact’s and TAAT set goals.
- Provide support to all value chain public and private sector partners, TAAT value chain leaders in each participating country and ensure that activities are well aligned with TAAT goals.
- Establish good linkages with the Program Management Unit to ensure that administrative support is provided for fiduciary services such as procurement and financial management.
- Ensure that quarterly and annual consolidated technical and financial reports for the compact are prepared and submitted to the program management office on schedule.
- Present the activities, results, impacts and outcomes of the ENABLE-TAAT compact at professional, donor and other stakeholders’ meetings.
- Carry out any other duties as may be assigned by the Program Management and/or Institutional management office to meet the objectives of the ENABLE-TAAT compact.
Educational Qualifications and Experience
- The ideal candidate should have a graduate degree in Business Management, Agricultural Sciences, Agribusiness or a closely related field in management.
- He/She should have at least 5 years of professional work experience in working with or managing youth in agriculture or a closely related field.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English language with a working knowledge of French.
- Demonstrated ability to write, publish, and disseminate technical reports, success stories, and promotional materials; and
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary, multi-institutional, and multi-cultural environment.
IITA offers internationally competitive remuneration package paid in U.S. Dollars.
Interested applicants should complete the online application attaching detailed cover letter which should address how the candidate’s background/experience relates to the specific duties of the position applied for, Curriculum Vitae, names and addresses of three professional referees (which must include either the Head of the applicant’s current or previous organization or applicant’s direct Supervisor/Superior at his/her present or former place of work). The application should be addressed to the Head, Human Resources Service.
Application Deadline 18th May, 2018.
- IITA is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes applications from female candidates.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.