Accountant Job Opportunity at Oscar Temple
Oscar Temple – We are a fast-growing recruitment organisations with several specialist divisions that share a common goal of exceptional service and results. An opportunity to join our exciting office in Lagos has come up for a top-level graduate or experienced sales person. Our recruitment brands specialise in Financial Services, Telecoms, ICT, Oil & Gas and Power. Our training is known in the market place for being the very best in the industry.
We are recruiting to fill in the position below:
Job Title: Accountant
The main responsibilities of the position include:
- Ensure adequate record keeping (efficient filing system), book keeping, and posting of transactions on a daily basis and maintenance of all relevant ledger accounts.
- Banking liaison functions including daily banking of all instruments received.
- Evaluate the performance of various types of banking relationships and make recommendations regarding the improvement of such relationships for effectiveness and efficiency of operations;
- Conduct a daily reconciliation of all accounts maintained with the third parties such as banks, brokers, insurance companies; A daily report of such positions must be forwarded to the Managing Director, copying the Heads of Units
- Generate weekly and monthly bank reconciliation statements.
- Ensure client’s transaction are posted real time into their cash accounts
- Review procedural and document flow charts relating to the unit operations with a view to improving efficiency and effectiveness;
- Assist in the production of periodic budgets for planning purposes
- Monitor company’s budget with respect to the actual performance and the production of periodic budget variance analysis statements for management decision making.
- Demonstrate continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service
- Liaise with the company’s auditors with respect to the company’s annual audit.
- Generate Fixed Income Investment report on a weekly basis.
- Provide general accounting information needs for the Back Office operations.
Qualification, Experience & Skill
- A good university degree – preferably in Accounting
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience preferably in a similar role
- Professional qualification – ACA/ACCA
- Analytical skill
- Critical thinking skills
Application Closing Date
18th May, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications and CV’s to: email@example.com using the job tittle as subject of the email.