Mechanical Engineers needed at Henkel AG & Company
Henkel AG & Company, KGaA, is a German chemical and consumer goods company headquartered in Düsseldorf, Germany. It is a multinational company active both in the consumer and industrial sector. Founded in 1876, the DAX 30 company is organized into three globally operating business units (laundry & home care, beauty care, adhesive technologies) and is known for brands such as Loctite, Persil, and Fa amongst others.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Mechanical Engineer
Job ID: 180001ZK
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
- To be part of the Nigeria engineering team responsible for delivering major and minor capex projects.
- To drive maintenance interventions, building services upgrades, utilities equipment planning and management.
- Factory asset care strategy implementation: Plan and supervise plant maintenance for maximum equipment reliability
- Delivery of major and minor projects: Management of projects from initiation to completion.
- People development: Manage subordinates for success and develop them for higher responsibilities
- Support the Engineering Manager to deliver the mechanical engineering component of all technical feasibility studies for investments in capacity growth and operations improvement.
- Provide the technical solution
- Study the technical solution with stakeholders (local engineering and production teams)
- Prepare the technical documentation for the proposal (drawings, commercial etc.)
- Work with Purchasing to realize the commercial agreements with suppliers and contractors.
- Participate in FAT/SAT 2) Create the Project plan and update progress
- Create the specific plan for each project
- Supervise project contractors to ensure delivery of set project goals
- Lead the periodic update meetings for the project progress with mechanical project vendors
- Minute meetings and upload them into the system
- Drive asset care agenda of the factory
- Collate and prepare a preventive maintenance data base for all major equipment in the plant
- Organise and coordinate all plant maintenance activities in accordance with the site asset care strategy
- Work with the capex team to prepare early equipment management plans for newly installed equipment
- Prepare annual maintenance budgets and support effort to drive down maintenance cost KPIs.
Who we are looking for:
- People management
- Ability to manage people for professional and company success
- Sees people as the cornerstone of improvement and the achievement of company vision and treat them as such.
- Passionately committed to the development of both self and others. Ideas
- Able to identify and evaluate high leverage opportunities that can improve business performance
- Prepared to search and spin ideas from other Henkel or external operations.
- Generates insights about what internal customers need in terms of equipment maintainability and effectiveness. Lives the Values
- Passionate about excellence in product and service delivery
- Desire to beat challenges in an uncharted territory and leave enduring legacies
- Has presence to be able to coach peers in the site hierarchy on global engineering and manufacturing best practices. Edge
- Able to communicate a well-reasoned hierarchy of priorities to both external and internal stakeholders.
- Resourcefulness and ability to find solutions in difficult and tough situations. Personal skills
- Mechanical engineering design
- Project management
- Use of engineering design software; AutoCAD, etc.
- Use of MS project, MS office suite
- Good understanding of SAP.
- Proven ability to work in a multidisciplinary team
- Proven ability to manage people for success
- Good understanding of TPM, 5S and other manufacturing excellence concepts
- Sound knowledge and experience in maintenance planning and execution
- Good understanding of detergent production plants and soap making technologies
- Sound knowledge of furnaces and burners Knowledge Specification of the necessary graduation and vocational training considering recent educational requirements which are needed to fulfil the above-mentioned tasks of the position.
- Necessary further training: Lean manufacturing/six sigma, TPM, maintenance planning and project management
- Education – University Degree in Mechanical or Production Engineering (Minimum Second class )
- Further scientific education Member of Nigeria Society of Engineers and project management body Experiences Comprehends the minimum of work experience which has to be fulfilled by the incumbent according to necessary knowledge mentioned above..
- Overall work experience (years): 5 – 8, minimum of 3 years in Managerial capacity.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online