Ongoing Recruitment at S&S Hotels and Suites
S&S Hotels and Suites, remain the hotel of choice for the business traveler who requires a convenient central location offering a welcome haven that feels like a second home and the unrivalled services personified by the warmth and dedication of our staff, as well as the discerning leisure traveler seeking the captivating dining and limitless nightlife destinations within walking distance of the hotel.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Operations Manager
- The Operations Manager will be primarily responsible for any and all administrative items required to service the operation of the organization.
- Ensures that organization provides an environment that is clean, safe, and enjoyable for members and employees.
- Contributes to the success and profitability of the organization through delivery of excellent member services for high member and employee retention, and effective expense controls.
- Trains and develops employees to grow with the company.
- Supports the mission statement of ‘Providing an appropriate lifestyle’ by setting a good example for employees and members through effective managerial practices.
- Directly responsible for managing the Front Desk, Custodial, and all Departments by setting direction and providing leadership.
- Sets the example for “excellence in member service” for all employees.
- Must have the ability to perform and train staff on all the operational functions of the organization for Front Desk (including complete knowledge of operating POS check-in computer system), and Custodial.
- Understands the complete operation of all other departments of the organization to assist or give direction when necessary and in the absence of the GM.
- Manages Front Desk retail inventory to attain goals and profitability. Teach staff suggestive selling techniques and monitor sales achievements.
- Ensures inventory records are maintained and shortages properly recorded. Operations Manager works with GM and supplier to maintain the proper inventory and profits
- Responsible for recruiting, selecting, training, and evaluating the staff for Front Desk, and Custodial. At the direction of the GM, assist with the hiring and training of other departments.
- Ensures all employees complete required training in the prescribed timeframes and follows-up to ensure training is properly recorded in the training database.
- Develops, reviews, and approves department schedules to ensure they are within the budgeted guidelines and provide optimum coverage utilizing usage reports to serve as a tool in determining optimum scheduling for delivering excellent member services.
- Ensures all schedules are entered and maintained in club timekeeping system.
- Works with Department Team Leaders and GM on Human Resources and Payroll related requirements for all paperwork for new hires, timekeeping, payroll adjustments, time off requests, audits of employee time records, terminations, and all other employee matters in a timely manner.
Member Services Administration:
- Manages the proper completion and procedures including: Guest Waivers, Tanning Waivers, sales/follow up by other management staff as needed, audits and reports, and member renewals.
- Manages the proper completion and procedures including: AP management, deliveries, POS reviews.
- Ensures all Company policies and procedures are consistent by clearly understanding them in order to properly train, communicate, and explain to employees.
- Provides coaching or corrective action with employees to ensure job responsibilities are met and members serviced. Prepares documentation to support the action.
- Teach on the spot coaching to Team Leaders to assist in their development.
- Conducts daily walkthroughs of facility using checklist of direct areas of responsibility or entire organization in the absence of or direction of the GM to ensure that the organization is clean, safe, and maintained.
- Inventory administration. Maintains department inventory supplies to ensure the organization is in stock at all times by accurate record keeping.
- Orders supplies for front desk, towels, janitorial, pool/spa, POS, equipment parts, office. Maintains expense control of supplies.
- Manages all Purchase Orders.
- Participates in the annual Health Department Inspections with inspector. Check and review status per count rules and regulations.
- Inspects equipment daily for preventative maintenance or repairs.
- Prepares equipment repair list and follows-up to ensure repairs are completed.
- Follows up to make sure the Equipment Maintenance Log is completed daily.
- Responsible for managing employee or member injury/accident incidents by investigating incident, completion of forms, follow-up on safety area, and report all facts to Human Resources and District Management.
- Conducts weekly department team leader meetings for direct report departments and/or in conjunction with GM for all departments. As well as conducting monthly all-staff meetings to effectively communicate pertinent Club and Corporate policies as directed by GM.
- High School Diploma/GED.
- A minimum of one year prior supervisory experience.
- Prior experience in scheduling plus.
- Previous inventory control experience.
- Availability to work weekends and holidays.
- Experience in the service industry.
- Computer literate – proficient with MS Office.
- Clear and effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Outstanding organization and strong time management skills.
- Work quality must be highly accurate, timely, and in accordance with company policy and procedures.
- Excellent task completion and follow-through skills.
- Current CPR certification or ability to pass CPR certification within 60 days.
- Must demonstrate professionalism, cooperation and ability to work well with all parties.
- Maintaining focus in a sometimes hectic and evolving environment.
Job Title: Sales Manager
- Personal Sales Activity.
- Selling the products and pro-actively maximizing profitability through price management.
- Maintaining and developing relationships with existing customers.
- Identifying and visiting potential customers for new business.
- Negotiating the terms of agreements and closing sales.
- Representing the business at trade exhibitions, events and demonstrations.
- Negotiating price changes, promotional calendars and activities to maximize sales of our products.
- Preferably educated to Degree level.
- Minimum 2 years’ successful experience in a relevant sales role.
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated and driven by achieving sales and profit targets.
- Able to identify and progress new business opportunities.
- Strong analysis and sales reporting skills.
- High level of numeracy, accuracy and attention to detail.
- Able to act on and use own initiative.
- Experience of the chilled food or the dairy market is not essential but would be advantageous.
Job Title: Personal Assistant to Managing Director
- Minimum of HND/B.Sc.
- Must be Computer literate.
- Must have at least 2 years experience working in this capacity.
Job Title: Customers Call Agent
- Improve customer service experience, create engaged customers and facilitate organic growth
- Take ownership of customers issues and follow problems through to resolution
- Set a clear mission and deploy strategies focused towards that mission
- Develop service procedures, policies and standards
- Keep accurate records and document customer service actions and discussions
- Analyse statistics and compile accurate reports
- Recruit, mentor and develop customer service agents and nurture an environment where they can excel through encouragement and empowerment
- Keep ahead of industry’s developments and apply best practices to areas of improvement
- Control resources and utilise assets to achieve qualitative and quantitative targets
- Adhere to and manage the approved budget
- Maintain an orderly workflow according to priorities
- Proven working experience as a customer service manager for smart phone.
- Experience in providing customer service support.
- Excellent knowledge of management methods and techniques.
- Proficiency in English.
- Working knowledge of customer service software, databases and tools.
- Awareness of industry’s latest technology trends and applications.
- Ability to think strategically and to lead.
- Strong client-facing and communication skills.
- Advanced troubleshooting and multi-tasking skills.
- A Degree in Business Administration or related field.
Job Title: Secretary
- HND/Degree in Hotel Catering Management in a recognized institution.
- He must be a human and material manager with a cheerful disposition, and ready to assist at all times.
- The ideal F&B manager must be service-oriented and strong, and be able to use his initiative to better the hotel.
Job Title: Business Manager
- Be educated to minimum of Degree level or equivalent
- Ideally have a minimum of 2 years relevant experience
- Have a passion for providing high level of customer service and experience detail.
- Be driven to provide excellence
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills
- Possess effective communication skills
- Be computer literate and proficient with the Word and Excel.
Job Title: Microbiologist, Food
- The incumbent will be expected to carry out Microbial analysis on assigned hotel food to ensure compliance with laid down standards.
- Must possess good analytical skills with an eye for detail.
- Must possess a B.Sc/HND in Microbiology.
- Minimum of 1 year work experience.
Job Title: Human Resources Manager
- Compensation, benefits, training, employee relations, and performance management
- Process, verify, and maintain documentation relating to personnel activities such as staffing, recruitment, training, grievances, performance evaluations, and Classifications
- Interpret and provide guidance and instruction to the office team on HR processes, policies, workflow, and work unit priorities
- Provide employees with information about policies, job duties, working conditions, wages and opportunities for promotion and employee benefits
- Plan and conduct new employee orientation to foster positive attitude toward organizational objectives
- Analyze training needs to design employee development, language training and health and safety programs
- Serve as a link between management and employees by handling questions, interpreting and administering contracts, and helping to resolve work related problems.
- Conduct exit interviews to identify reasons for employee termination.
- When needed, contract with vendors to provide employee services, such as background verification, health and life insurance, and transportation.
- Assist the office team with understanding and using the Performance Evaluation System.
- Provide oversight to the work performed by the driver and cleaner and ensure their duties are carried out in a timely and efficient manner.
- Mediate conflict, grievances, and harassment cases.
- In consultation with the Human Resources & Administration Manager, will make decisions on HR issues.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
- University Degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration, or related field is required.
- Three years minimum of HR experience in a high volume, complex environment is required.
- Experience in sourcing, recruiting, and interviewing professional and management candidates is required.
- Experience in developing and implementing programs across complex organizations with software and systems related to sourcing and management of candidates is required.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills is required.
- Considerable knowledge of local employment law is a plus.
- Proficient at using Microsoft office software: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- Excellent record keeping and documentation skills are required.
- Experience of working in a conflict environment is a plus.
- Written and spoken fluency in English is required.
- Fluency in one or more of the local state languages in the North Eastern part of Nigeria.
Location: LagosJob Description
- Receive payment by cash, cheque, credit cards, vouchers etc
- Issue receipts, refunds, credits
- Count money in cash drawers at the beginning of shifts to ensure that amounts are correct and that there is adequate change
- Issue trading stamps
- Resolve customer complaints
- Calculate total payments received during a time period and reconcile this with total sales
- Compute and record totals of transactions
- Sort, count and wrap currency and coins
- Maximum of an Ordinary National Diploma (OND) in any Business related course of study
- 2 years experience
- Resident in Lagos
- Accuracy and basic mathematical skills
- Service oriented
- Strong verbal and communication skills
- Computer literate
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should send their Applications and CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Please do not call, qualified candidates will be contacted after CV review.