Compliance Associate Job at the United Nations World Food Programme
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Compliance Associate – G6
Ref Id: 82861
- To provide effective specialized support and technical analyses to policy and programme activities that effectively meet food assistance needs.
Key Accountabilities (not all-inclusive)
- Assist the Compliance Team in oversight management, in particular, the correct application of WFP policies, rules and regulations, and procedures in support of operational efficiency;
- Assist Compliance Team to carry out periodic reviews of Area and Sub – offices (AO/SOs) and CO units to assess the adequacy and effectiveness of the internal systems and discuss measures to mitigate risks, and maintain compliance standards in the field offices.
- Support Compliance Team in facilitating periodic risk assessment in collaboration with relevant field offices and CO units; and to develop a coordinated approach in responding to identified risks affecting operation-Action Plan and a follow up mechanism to track implementation
- Assist in performing periodic analysis of the risk events database to facilitate case management, follow up and closure as well as analysis of trends.
- Contribute to the preparation of regular, specific and ad-hoc Compliance literature, Guidance Notes to support the implementation of Agreed Compliance Actions;
- Assist the CO Compliance Officers with verifications, and evidence collection to substantiate reported cases of misconduct as directed by the Country Director and to present appropriate recommendations for further action by management
- Review all cases from field offices, and CO units with reference to the Compliance Checklist for completeness of information & necessary documentations of cases;
- At least quarterly, evaluate the risk events database and produce a detailed comparative analysis of key highlights and effects on operations. Prepare risk trend analysis for presentation to the Risk Management and Monitoring Committee Meetings;
- Maintain the registry of compliance reviews findings and generate other ad-hoc reports demanded by Management;
- Perform other duties as required by Head of Unit.
4Ps Core Organisational CapabilitiesS
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Coaches team in the most effective ways to communicate WFP’s Strategic Objectives to WFP team and partners in the field.
- Be a force for positive change: Implements new methods or tools to improve team’s work processes and productivity.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Maps team’s activities and tasks to specific successes in beneficiary communities to showcase positive impact.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Explains to teammates how each unit contributes to the overall WFP mission.
- Look for ways to strengthen people’s skills: Identifies skill development opportunities such as training modules or on-the-job experiences for self, colleagues and direct reports.
- Create an inclusive culture: Facilitates team building activities to build rapport in own unit.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Facilitates the pairing of junior colleagues with coaches within own team.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Proactively anticipates potential challenges and develops mitigation plans to ensure that team meets goals and targets.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Identifies opportunities to be creative in own work and to help team be more innovative and accurate in their respective tasks and areas of work.
- Focus on getting results: Monitors team’s deliverables and provides feedback to ensure outcomes are delivered consistently and accurately.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Provides accurate guidance to team on expected responsibilities and tasks, whilst also upholding own commitment to the team.
- Be Decisive: Sets an example and provides guidance to junior team members on when to escalate issues when faced with challenging issues in the workplace or in the field.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Facilitates partnerships with other WFP units to accomplish missions in the field.
- Build strong external partnerships: Sets an example and provides guidance to team on how to build relationships with external partners.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Articulates to colleagues or direct reports the value of contributing to other WFP teams and agency partnerships in fulfilling WFP’s goals and objectives.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Organizes, monitors, and prioritizes own and team’s efforts to ensure that they will fulfil the needs of internal and external partners.
Standard Minimum Qualifications
- Education: Higher National Diploma or University Degree in Business Administration, Statistics, Project Management, Auditing, Economics, Development Studies, Conflict Resolution and other relevant fields of study.
- Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English.
- Experience: A minimum of two years of experience in operations and/or programme/project management. Work Experience in audit, statistics and Operations management will be added advantage.
Desired Experiences for Entry into the Role:
- Demonstrate required knowledge of operational and programme management.
- Extensive and in-depth application of specialized knowledge and expertise in generating statistical reports and providing technical guidance for case presentation to the Compliance Committee. Demonstrated analytical, negotiation/communication skills to close cases, and/or recover misused food items.
- Sound judgement; clear analysis and presentation of statistical data to support problem analysis and decision-making for the final closure and/or recovery of wrong diversions and misuse of WFP food commodities/other assets.
Application Closing Date
31st May, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online