Business Support Assistant Job at the United Nations World Food Programme
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business Support Assistant (SCOPE), SSA 4
Ref Id: 83323
Locations: Maiduguri & Damaturu
- WFP is scaling-up operations in the North East Nigeria. The scale-up includes the registration of 165,000 beneficiaries by the end Q3 2018.
- The support will cover beneficiary registration activities conducted by Cooperating Partners for Cash, E-vouchers, Nutrition and In-kind.
- To deliver standard business support processes for a specific professional area of work, to facilitate effective service delivery.
Key Accountabilities (not all-inclusive)
Under the supervision of an IT/SCOPE Officer, perform the following:
- Provide first level technical support to Cooperating Partners’ SCOPE operations
- Support the activities of beneficiary registration including configuring and maintaining the devices prior to their deployment.
- Monitor the usage of the equipment from the Cooperating Partners and
- Collect the equipment after the registration is completed as to ensure that no equipment overnights with the registrars
- Provide technical assistance with enumeration activities and card printing.
- Assist with the management of IT asset especially equipment loaned to partners and collect any faulty equipment and ensure there are repaired in a timely manner
- Provide trainings and technical support to retailers.
- Support monthly e-Voucher activities.
- Monitor the activities of beneficiary registration and provide reports and feedbacks on beneficiary management including identified gaps, and challenges in the course of beneficiary registration.
- Implement the processes and procedures of beneficiary data management including biometrics;
- Provide retailer support in the operation of mPOS devices and report challenges faced by retailers
- Identify and report issues faced by beneficiaries in various local markets;
- Participate in meetings with local authorities and Cooperating Partners in the organization and the planning of beneficiary registration activities;
- Collate data and contribute to the preparation of reports on SCOPE related issues and provide information for better decision-making by stakeholders;
- Perform cleaning exercises before uploading to SCOPE platform;
- Perform any other tasks that may be assigned by your supervisor;
- Understanding of Hausa or any local language will be an added advantage.
4Ps Core Organizational Capacities
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Helps teammates articulate WFP’s Strategic Objectives.
- Be a force for positive change: Suggests potential improvements to team’s work processes to supervisor.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Explains the impact of WFP activities in beneficiary communities to teammates.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Articulates how own unit’s responsibilities will serve WFP’s mission.
- Look for ways to strengthen people’s skills: Trains junior teammates on new skills and capabilities.
- Create an inclusive culture: Seeks opportunities to work with people from different backgrounds.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Serves as a peer coach for colleagues in same area of work.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Tracks progress toward goals and shares this information on a regular basis with supervisor.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Explores ways to consistently be more efficient and accurate in own areas of work and shares new methods of work with colleagues.
- Focus on getting results: Focuses on getting results and tracks trends in completion rates for own tasks to identify opportunities for efficiency.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Takes responsibility for own tasks and notifies supervisor as soon as possible of potential delays in meeting deadlines or commitments.
- Be Decisive: Independently decides what action to take when faced with critical choices in the workplace or in dangerous situations in the field.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Suggests opportunities for partnering with other units to supervisor.
- Build strong external partnerships: Identifies opportunities to work with colleagues and partners in the field towards common goals.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Develops an understanding of the value of WFP’s teams and external partners in fulfilling team’s goals and objectives.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Aligns own activities with supervisor’s priorities to fulfill internal and external partner needs.
Standard Minimum Qualifications
- Education: Completion of secondary school education.
- Experience: Four or more years of progressively responsible work experience in the relative business stream with experience in general administrative work.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Planning skills and usage of mobile phone and excellent computer skills in Office and other data analytics related applications.
- Knowledge: Basic Microsoft Word, Excel and usage of Android systems.
- Language: Proficiency (read/ write/ speak) in English and Hausa.
- Desirable: Data analytics and reporting; working in an international, or multicultural environment; and working knowledge of WFP Programmes and projects.
Terms and Conditions
- Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted at each stage.
- Only Nigerian nationals and holders of valid residence & work permits are eligible to apply.
- Applications should be submitted in English and online only.
Application Closing Date
31st May, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply.