Recruitment For Graduate Cash Officer at Solidarités International
Solidarités International (SI) is a French humanitarian organisation operating for over 35 years who is committed to providing aid in the event of conflict and natural disasters. Our mission is to provide aid as quickly and as efficiently as possible to endangered populations by meeting their vital needs: water, food and shelter.
SI has started activities in North-eastern Nigeria in August 2016 in the fields of Wash and is now intervening in 4 areas of the state for Wash and Shelter activities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Cash Officer
Location: Monguno, Borno
Beginning of Contract: 2nd July, 2018
Contract Duration: 3 months (with possibility of extension)
Probation Period: 1 month
- The Cash officer will be responsible for the management and implementation of the cash and voucher activities which is aimed at improving food access for the vulnerable displaced and host populations at the community level under the supervision of the FSL Team Leader
- Support in implementing detailed work plans for cash and voucher activities
- Ensure that targeting of beneficiaries to receive cash and voucher transfers is carried out transparently and accountably.
- Support MEAL team in activities monitoring (market assessments, baseline, endline, post distribution monitoring, price monitoring, focused group discussions, vendor monitoring etc)
- Training of vendor on how to use the devices in making transaction and supervision of vendor’s transaction and recording the problem
- Support complaint response mechanism by receiving, recording and reporting complaints from beneficiaries, community leaders, community volunteers and other stakeholders
- Plan and sensitize of beneficiaries on use of smartcards, payment mechanism, their rights and benefits.
- Coordinate with vendors on timing of cash disbursement and mobilize beneficiaries for cash and voucher collection at vendor disbursement sites.
- Conduct vendors monitoring to supervise cash and voucher disbursement, record and report device and smartcard challenges to FSL Team Leader.
- Monitoring of biweekly price monitoring within the assigned LGA in collaboration with MEAL team.
- Ensure that documentation is properly done for all items distributed (donation certificates, delivery notes, beneficiary lists and supply request order)
- To provide reports according to the requirements of the FSL assistant (Bi – weekly updates, success stories, case studies etc.)
- Compiles weekly and monthly reports and ensuring timely submission of such written reports to the FSL assistant for consolidation and sharing
- Facilitate Community Mobilization, meetings and capacity building training for the target beneficiaries at the community
- Registration of Household for cash and voucher transfer, distribution of food voucher smartcard for beneficiary household and Cash disbursement for household and proper monitoring
- Work closely with community structures to follow up on implementation of cash and voucher transfers planned activities
- Work with traditional community to ensure the identification and selection of the most vulnerable populations and provide information to ensure accountability fairness and transparency during implementation activities.
- Verification of the beneficiaries to ensure the identification and selection of most vulnerable population is verified before cash transfer is made.
- Collect information to ensure that the surveillance of the unconditional cash transfer situation in the area of implementation of the program is achieving the expected result, when required
- Training: University Degree in Economics or a similar domain.
- Relevant experience on Food items distribution and monitoring will be highly appreciated.
- Project related skills: good knowledge of the project cycle, project implementation, project follow-up
- IT skills: Good knowledge of Office software: Excel, Word
- Professional experience: 1 year of experience in similar position (NGO/Private or Public sector) – Humanitarian experience is a plus
- Languages: English (mandatory), Kanori, Haussa, Shua (additional languages a plus)
- Personal qualities: reliable, honest, very good organization, resistance to stress, good interpersonal skills (internal and external communication), team player, capacity to delegate and to manage, initiative and autonomy, capacity of prioritization of tasks
Salary and Conditions
In accordance with SI’s Terms of Employment; for national staff in Nigeria.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their CV’s, Cover Letter and references in one file (in Word or PDF) to: email@example.com The file must be named with name and surname of the candidate. Files called CV or resume will be immediately deleted.
Note: The position is not administrative but program one (we are not looking for a cashier)