Technical Support Engineer needed at MainOne Cable Nigeria
MainOne’s success is built on having talented and highly proficient people within their respective fields as the driving force behind our business
A job in MainOne is different from any other you have had. With joining MainOne you’ll be challenged, inspired and proud as you become a part of something big.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Technical Support Engineer
Reporting Line: Transmission Manager
- The Building Management System (BMS) Engineer will be responsible for the day to day operations and monitoring of the MDXi Lekki Data Center, comprising of Data Center electrical & mechanical components such as CHILLERS, CRAC/CRAH VESDA & FM200, Access Control, CCTV, Water Leakage Detection etc., equipment within and outside Lagos
- From a technical support’s standpoint, the resource will work closely with technical team.
In addition, the BMS Engineer will be responsible for the following:
- Knowledge of BMS server, DCIM Server, NVR, CHILLERS, CRAH/CRAC, VESDA & FM200, Access Control , CCTV Systems, HVAC Systems, intrusion detection etc.
- Monitoring and reporting of All Electrical systems (Energy Meters, UPS, PDU, Feeders & Transformers) Reading and Consumption According daily, weekly and monthly.
- Monitoring and reporting of all mechanical systems (Chillers, CRAH/CRAC, AHU, Access Control etc.), daily, weekly and monthly.
- Preparation and Submission of Daily, Weekly and Monthly Reports.
- Troubleshoot and fix day to day operational problems pertaining to BMS system.
- Support for Reviews & Audits, Audit tracker updating and coordination.
- Ensuring that the team is meeting the SLAs with internal clients in all aspects.
- You will support and ensure that all applicable security standards – including the ISO9001, ISO27001 (ISMS), PCI Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) are duly complied with for quality assurance.
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies
- B.Sc in Electrical and Electronics/Mechanical/Computer Engineering or other relevant disciplines, with at least 2-5 years work experience.
- Understanding of electrical, mechanical and telecommunications principles, transmission, and IP networks etc.
- knowledge of structured cabling.
- Good communication & interpersonal skills, multitasking with an ability to interact with a wide range of people and be a good team player and a positive frame of mind and be open to acquiring new skills
Demand on the Job:
- Ability and willingness to work long hours and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to work under none or minimal supervision.
- Maybe required to work weekends and in shifts.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online