Procurement Support Officer Job at Hobark International Limited
Hobark International Limited (HIL) is the parent company of the Hobark group operating in the oil and gas industry. The company was incorporated in 1998, starting as a staffing agency based in Port Harcourt. Currently we have offices in 4 countries with our head office in Lagos.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Procurement Support Officer
Req I D: Req-1345
- Classify vendor under the relevant Goods and Services
- Create, update and manage Vendor data base
- Carry out vendor assessments (where applicable e.g. desk / field)
- Participate in monitoring and measurement of vendor performance
- Ensure Goods delivered are in line with Company’s specification
- Oversee contractor’s buyers, expeditors & inspectors during the execution of the Purchase Order to provide assurance of quality and timely delivery.
- Expedite / Monitor and facilitate approval of approved vendors’ invoices for payment.
- Engage and co-ordinate discussions with vendors and internal customers to resolve discrepancies and issues which may stall activities / escalate if necessary
- Get periodic expediting progress reports from vendors, update and provide weekly Expediting Tracking report
- Develop and implement cost reduction strategies.
- Manage effectively/ efficiently strategy / award notes
- Maintain effective and accessible records, spread sheets and produce reports for the team, audit and the Head of Services.
- Strengthen vendor evaluation and selection criteria and participate in vendor Audits for compliance with project requirement. Update Company Approved Vendors List (AVL) with all lessons learned.
- Minimum of Five (5) years’ experience in Contracts & Procurement job role with demonstrated knowledge of the oil and gas industry experience as an advantage.
- Strong Knowledge of Supply Chain practices
- Experience with ERP System
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain or a science-based discipline
- MBA will be an added advantage
- Membership of CIPS/equivalent will be an added advantage
- Buyer, procurement, BSc, Engineering, Logistics, MS Office, Oil & Gas, Supply Chain Manager
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online