Team Assistant – Fertilizer Financing Mechanism Job at the African Development Bank Group
African Development Bank (AfDB) – Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Team Assistant- Africa Fertilizer Financing Mechanism – AFFM
Location: Côte d’Ivoire
Position N°: N/A
- In 2006, at the Abuja African Green Revolution summit, the African Union Member States, conceived the “African Fertilizer Financing Mechanism” (AFFM), an initiative to improve agricultural productivity by providing finance to debottleneck the use of fertilizers. The Summit charged the African Development Bank (AfDB) with the responsibility to establishing and manage the AFFM.
- The specific objective of the AFFM is to increase fertilizer use in Africa from its current average of about 15 kg per ha to 50 kilogram per hectare, so as to boost agricultural productivity.
- Under the general supervision of the AFFM Coordinator, the Team Assistant will play a supportive role in the coordination and delivery of the AFFM’s programme.
- He/She will lead on the establishment and maintenance of all information management systems and databases (e.g. SAP) to enable the effective result-based management of the CDSF.
- He/She will generate information and reports to inform on the progress, achievements and outcomes of the CDSF funded projects and the CDSF as a whole.
- He/She will participate in the management the AFFM website and prepare communication materials for internal Bank and external audiences.
- These responsibilities will be undertaken within the context of the AFFM strategies and work plans, Operational Procedures and the Bank’s policies and procedures.
Duties and responsibilities
Strategic Planning and Monitoring:
- Support the Coordinator and AFFM secretariat staff in the preparation of planning and reporting documents, with particular emphasis on drawing on information maintained on databases.
- Provide electronic information management services to the AFFM by ensuring that the SAP is established and maintained to enable timely and accurate reporting on AFFM progress, outcomes and impact against its targets and indicators.
- Assist in preparing Missions by AFFM Secretariat / or consultants, participate in missions, where appropriate, and provide logistical support for the program of conferences and workshops held within or outside Bank headquarters;
- Write notes, summaries and / or briefing notes on AFFM experiences, progress and lessons learned drawing from project reports, workshops and information contained in the AFFM database.
- Consolidate, categorize and store information and reference files on relevant issues to assess AFFM outcomes and impact (i.e. M&E system), develop databases and information systems and update them;
Grant Management & Administration:
- Coordinate the maintenance of information management systems to enable effective management of all stages of Call for Proposals (concept notes, project proposals, reviews, correspondence) and AFFM initiated projects.
- Update information management systems (e.g. SAP) for individual AFFM funded projects and the AFFM as a whole, in collaboration with AFFM secretariat staff.
- Liaise with the Fund Operations Officers and Task Managers, to ensure that information on AFFM funded projects are regularly updated on the SAP.
Communication and Networking:
- Prepare regular updates on AFFM for use in Bank internal and external communication forums.
- Participate in the management, the regular updating of the AFFM website in close liaison with the Fund’s Operations Officers and the Bank’s webmaster and drawing on from contributions by the AFFM partners.
- Any other duties relevant to the successful functioning of the AFFM as may be required.
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience:
- Hold at least a Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in Business Administration, Economics and / or Statistics would be an asset;
- Have a minimum of five (5) years of relevant and practical experience in project management, work programme and budget preparation, and information management.
- Good understanding of the functions, organization and procedures of the Bank; leadership; strong research capabilities and problem solving;
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to prioritization in its own program of work, ability to perform the tasks in a timely and effective manner;
- Good interpersonal skills, ability to establish and maintain effective working relations in a multicultural environment;
- Commitment to continuing education, and proactive and responsible attitude vis-à-vis the self-development.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing effectively in French or English, with a good working knowledge of the other language.
- Competence in the use of standard Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, SAP and/or other integrated document management system).
Application Closing Date
7th June, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online