Nutrition Assistant Opening at Save the Children Nigeria
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential. We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Nutrition Assistant
Job Type: Full time
- This role domiciled in the IHA Project, provides support to the field Assistants in the Project’s Communities in implementing the nutrition interventions (Community Management of Malnutrition [CMAM] and Infant and Young Child Feeding [IYCF]) as agreed with the donor.
- The nutrition Assistant will also work with the Local Partners in ensuring quality delivery of nutrition interventions in the Project locations.
- Ensure quality of nutrition screening for children under-5 conducted by Community Nutrition Mobilizers in target Communities.
- Provision of Outreach OTP Services in target communities together with the outreach team.
- Ensure quality of IYCF counselling sessions provided during Support group meeting.
- With support from the Nutrition Officer, ensure quality cooking food demonstration sessions are conducted in Project supported Communities.
- Build capacity of CNMs and Mother Leaders by providing on-the-job training on CMAM and IYCF.
- Support Project level nutrition assessment/surveys as approved by Donor.
- Support quality data collection of activities conducted in the Communities.
- Promote increasing awareness of appropriate nutrition behaviours in project communities by ensuring behaviour change materials are visible in FFP supported communities and health facilities.
- Support the development of case studies and success stories from programme implementation.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills
- Degree in Nutrition, Health, Public Health or any related fields.
- Must have finished NYSC
- Experience in Nutrition and community based programming
- Familiarity with the Humanitarian context.
- Excellent communication skills and a willingness to be respectful, kind, sensitive and empathise with all beneficiaries and their care givers.
- Good communication skills (verbal and written).
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Understands Hausa and Kanuri/Shuwa
- Acceptable IT Skills
- Strong interpersonal skills.
Skills & Behaviours (SCI Values in Practice)
- Holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values.
- Works closely and constructively with many colleagues at all levels and across cultures, influencing effectively while having little formal authority and to hold peers accountable to deliver on their responsibilities.
- Sensitivity to the needs of a range of stakeholders and able to balance conflicting interests to create shared goals.
- A proactive and flexible approach to work.
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves, takes responsibility for their own personal development.
- Proactive, forward thinker who is able to plan ahead and anticipate requirements and problems
- Maintains a calm disposition and positive outlook when working under pressure.
- Self-motivated and able to work with a high degree of autonomy as well as with others.
- Fully appreciates of the value of cooperation, both internationally and within a team.
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions and cuts away bureaucracy and encourages an entrepreneurial approach.
- Thinks creatively and strategically and translates strategy into practical action.
- Analyses complex information from different sources and to synthesise this information into coherent briefs and communication documents.
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency, builds trust and confidence. Displays consistent and excellent judgement.
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills with proven experience of relationship management with stakeholders.
- Passion and commitment to the values of Save the Children.
Application Closing Date
4th June, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online