Urgent Hiring for a Driver at Equal Access
Equal Access to Knowledge Development Initiative (EAKDI) is a Non-Governmental Organization registered in Nigeria in March 2014, to provide access to education, information and human capacity development through the use of appropriate information and communication initiatives.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Driver
- To drive Equal Access vehicles safely and efficiently in accordance with Equal Access policy and national safety rules and regulations, responsible for the vehicle to which he/she is assigned and the completion of log books and fuel records, under the supervision of the Fleet Officer. The Driver shall perform the following Responsibilities:
- Maintain the vehicle log and fuel consumption documentation
- Keep the Vehicle Documents Folder up-to-date
- Support the Head Driver with the Vehicle Usage report, including trip use, mileage and fuel consumption.
- Maintain a valid driver license, registration and valid permits all the time
Control of Vehicles:
- Ensure that all vehicle journeys are authorized in advance by Supervisors.
- Ensure that all vehicle journeys are to be recorded in the log book at the start and completion of the journey
- Ensure that the keys and vehicle documents are kept in a secure place when the vehicle is not in use.
- Ensure that s/he wears the vehicle safety belt and all passengers also wear seat belts before driving the vehicle.
- Check the vehicle prior to its use in the morning and after use
- Check the vehicle before departing from work.
- Check, on taking over a vehicle, that the items listed on the Vehicle Check List and the items listed in the Vehicle Tools and Materials Inventory are present and in full functioning order.
- A driver is to check for vehicle defects and damage to the vehicle and ensure that he reports them to his supervisor. After consulting a mechanic, the supervisor will make the decision as to whether the vehicle should be taken off the road for repair.
- Report and supervise all maintenance and repair needs of assign vehicle.
Cleanliness & Visibility:
- The driver is responsible for ensuring that his vehicle is kept clean on the outside and inside at all times. The driver is also to keep the vehicle tidy and ensure that all rubbish is removed from the vehicle after a journey.
- Driver is to ensure EAI visibility protocols are adhered to at all times.
- Senior Secondary School Certificate /OND in Relevant field.
- A full and clean driving license
- Should have 3-5 years’ experience of professional driving.
- Prior experience as a driver in an international NGO, UN agency or private company
- Ability to multi-task and work calmly under pressure is essential for this position.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to lead and work effectively in insecure environments is critical.
- Some practical experience of user vehicle maintenance.
- A proactive and flexible approach to work
- An ability to work with minimum supervision
- A systematic approach to work
- A people orientated person who enjoys working in a team
- A keen interest in self development.
- Flexible & willing to work in a remote setting & to travel to other field locations.
- A certificate in Defensive driving from an established driving school/firm is an added advantage.
- Experience from working in an (I)NGO
- Hold a certificate in automobile mechanics is an added advantage We Offer
- Availability: ASAP
Salary and Conditions
- In accordance with Equal Access Terms of Employment;
- The income will be subject to statutory deductions as per applicable Nigeria laws.
- The employee is responsible for the tax returns.
- A competitive salary and benefits package will be offered.
Application Closing Date
15th June, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letter indicating your reasons for interest in the position and a Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org “Driver” in the subject line of the email.
- Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis.
- Equal Access does not provide sponsorship or pay relocation or housing costs, Equal Access is an equal opportunity employee, and all is welcome to apply.