Hook-up Engineer Position at Subsea 7
Subsea 7 is a world-leading seabed-to-surface engineering, construction and services contractor to the offshore energy industry. We provide cost-effective technical solutions to enable the delivery of complex projects in all water depths and challenging environments.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Hook-up Engineer
Vacancy ref: 58653
Reporting to: Hook-up Manager
Business area: Surf and Conventional
Working hours: 40 hours per week
Contract type: Staff
Description of Function
- The Hook-up engineer coordinates the Hook-up activities. He is in charge to support the hook-up activity, onshore and offshore.
- Attend to Constructability review
- Attend to risk assessment level 1
- Prepare materials, Bags & Tags prior to offshore works
- Fix technical issues raised offshore
- Ensure that applicable procedures are implemented (safety and risk assessments, document control, material reconciliation, as built, close out, etc.)
- Assist to the periodic and technical meetings as needed. Ensure minutes are taken; action items listed, assigned and followed through.
- Prepare materiel requisition for Hook-up tools & equipment.
- Review of Hook-up preparation documents
- Participate in offshore surveys (Tie in point’s identification by physical marking).
- Review and update offshore planning (hook-up sequences)
- Physical progress reporting
- Prepare Material Requests as per progress.
- Clarify technical issues relative to scope of work upon request:
- For construction with superintendent
- For material release with store keeper
- For material request & receipt with offshore logistic coordinator
- Assist the HU lead in daily tasks (reporting, draft of mob plans and other as required).
- Handle technical challenges offshore (and issue technical queries as required).
- Update existing Job cards upon request
- Identify all potential new scopes, not covered by Job cards
- Responsible of red mark-up dossier for as-built documentation
- Participate to final operations report (feedback and lessons learnt)
Authority / Dimensions:
- Propose technical resolution relative to scope of work
- Resolve outstanding issues
- Escalate issues he deems outside site control as necessary
- With Hook-up & Commissioning lead
- With superintendent
- With logistic coordinator
- With material controller
- With the quality team.
- With the HSE team.
- With offshore subcontractors & suppliers
Capability Profile – Knowledge, Skills, Experience, and Behaviours
- Knowledge of fabrication and/or installation methods
- Ability to propose decision on Technical, Resources, Procurement
- Fluent English, spoken and writing
- Graduate with a Master of Engineering
- 5 years minimum of relevant work experience is preferred
Application Closing Date
31st July, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online