NGO Job Vacancies at FHI 360
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research, technology, communication and social marketing – creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Social and Behavior Change Communication (SBCC) Advisor
Job Type: Full time
- The Social and Behavior Change Communication (SBCC) Advisor will be a senior member of the project team and will work with Government of Nigeria, regional and local partners, non-governmental organizations, community organizations, private sector partners, DFID, and others to achieve the implementation of a comprehensive program to reduce Nigeria’s malaria burden.
- The SBCC Advisor will work under the oversight of the Chief of Party to provide specialized technical assistance to the Government of Nigeria, partners, and local organizations to design, implement, monitor, and coordinate SBCC interventions.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provides technical assistance related to the development and implementation of SBCC strategies for malaria in all phases from formative research through design, media and material production, community mobilization, and evaluation.
- Responds to the specified deliverables and goals of contracts and grant agreements, ensuring achievements in a timely manner and in full support and compliance with FHI 360 contractual agreement.
- Supports the development of work plans, quarterly and annual reports, and all other reporting requirements.
- Supervises a team of 5-8 junior and mid-level SBCC staff, and oversees the work of consultants and subcontractors, as required.
- Liaises with and manages partner organizations involved in country program activities, and builds capacity of local organizations and Government of Nigeria departments through the development and implementation of capacity assessments, training courses, and other capacity strengthening activities.
- 6-10 years of experience in implementing and managing international health/development programs in developing countries, with experience working in Nigeria preferred.
Specific Knowledge Requirements:
- Strong understanding of current state of the evidence on malaria, and knowledge of state of the art social and behavior change communication models and strategies and their practical application to malaria specifically.
- Knowledge of evidence-based, innovative, and practical solutions to communication challenges in developing countries.
- Field experience in developing and implementing SBCC projects and programs in Africa and/or other regions that have demonstrated impact, at scale.
- Understanding of widely accepted formative research, pretesting, and monitoring and evaluation methodologies for effective SBCC interventions.
- Demonstrated strong technical, programming, and management skills.
- Proven ability to work as an effective team member.
- Excellent oral/written communication skills in English.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and negotiation skills, and experience working in collaboration with Government, partners, donors, and NGOs.
- Ability to set priorities while multi-tasking, and meet deadlines.
- Language requirements: English
The following is a summary of fringe benefits provided by FHI 360 to eligible employees:
- Comprehensive medical plans (PPOs)
- Dental insurance
- Vision coverage
- Group life and AD&D insurance
- Health savings account
- Long-term disability
- Medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Dependent life insurance
- Business travel insurance
- Supplemental personal accident insurance
- Supplemental disability
- Life insurance
- Paid vacation, sick and parental leave
- 403(b) retirement plan
- Pension plan
Other benefits (will vary depending on work location):
- Public transportation program
- On-site fitness center
- Local credit union membership
- Health and wellness program
- Employee assistance program
- Qualified tuition programs (529 plans)
- Bicycle subsidy
- Legal assistance plan
- Pet insurance
Interested and qualified candidates should:Click here to apply
Job Title: Program Officer, Special Project
Job ID.: 018201122
Job Type: Full Time
- Under the supervision of the Director, Special Projects or her delegate, the PO provides program management support and coordination in planning, design, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and reporting of assigned project activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with the Director Special Projects or her delegate to provide support to and coordinate assigned FHI Nigeria project activities in accordance with the respective donor guidelines and regulations.
- Assist in strengthening systems of coordination across the Special Projects portfolio and assist the Program Manager (WAMERO), the various Project Directors or Project Coordinators/Project Leads in a back-stopping/support role as required from time to time.
- Serve as FHI 360 liaison to Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative (AHNi) on all Special Projects award with AHNI as an implementing partner and ensure timely processing of all sub awards, monthly financial reports and all needed modifications as may be required.
- Assist the Director Special Projects or her delegate in the development of program strategies, subproject documents, work plans and budgets as needed.
- Assist in the review and finalization of donor reports in instances where the donor reports are channeled through the Special Projects unit.
- Supervise the work of implementing partners/agencies in tracking and following up on work plans, budgets and deliverables for each assigned project.
- Work with the Director Special projects or her delegate to oversee program related capacity building activities at the national, state and local government levels and for local implementing agencies and other partners.
- Support the Director, Special Projects or her delegate on all special duties as maybe required by FHI 360 headquarters and Nigeria Country Director or h/her designee.
- Remain informed on current programs and research across the broad spectrum of FHI 360 work in Nigeria
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
- BS/BA in public health, international development, business administration, health sciences, behavioral sciences or its recognized equivalent with 4 – 5 years of relevant experience with international development or humanitarian program.
- Or MS/MA degree in public health, international cooperation and humanitarian aid, business administration, health sciences, behavioral sciences or its recognized equivalent with 3 – 5 years relevant experience with international development or humanitarian program.
- Demonstrated success in multicultural environments is required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Broad based knowledge of development and humanitarian programming in FHI 360 Nigeria current operational context
- Excellent analytical, critical enquiry, report writing as well as basic accounting and financial management skills.
- Working knowledge of major donor policies (USAID, Global Fund, United Nations) as well as other Private for-profit organizations currently funding or likely to fund development/humanitarian work in Nigeria.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the political and ethical issues on a broad array of program subjects.
- Proven ability to coordinate an integrated/multisectoral development or humanitarian project.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with proven ability to represent FHI 360 in external events as maybe assigned.
- Ability to organize systems to monitor administrative and implementation results.
- Report to supervisor on variances and status on regular basis.
- Work independently with initiative to manage high volume work flow.
- Perform detail-oriented work with a high level of accuracy.
- Interact with diplomacy and tact and follow-up on requests in timely and efficient manner.
- Use a computer to accurately and rapidly enter and retrieve data and information.
- Excellent ability to work within and across teams and ensure cohesion in a multi-dimensional program portfolio.
- Ability to plan and prioritize own work under tight deadlines, as well as to work on own initiative and as a member of a team.
- Ability to travel a minimum of 25%.
Interested and qualified candidates should:Click here to apply
Note: The above job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.