Anglophone Road Engineer (Consultant) at the Economic Community of West African States Commission
The ECOWAS Commission has received Grants from the African Development Fund (ADF) and the European Development Fund (through the African Investment Facility – AfIF) to cover the cost of the study on the Abidjan-Lagos Corridor Highway Development Project, and intends to use part of the Grant amount to finance the service contract of an eligible candidate for the Project Implementation Unit in the capacity below:
Job Title: Anglophone Road Engineer (Consultant)
Locations: Benin, Cote D’Ivoire, Ghana, Nigeria, Togo and ECOWAS States
Unit: Project Implementation
- The services under this contract mainly consist of the day-to-day management of the project. The services include:
- Ensuring the management and administration of studies;
- Preparing terms of reference/technical specifications and procurement files;
- Managing supplies contracts;
- Reviewing technical reports;
- Preparing an opinion on the quality and adequacy of reports;
- Supervising th conduct of studies;
- Organizing and planning study validation meetings and sessions;
- Supporting and participating in the donors/investors roundtable; and
- Conducting all other engineering services required for efficient project implementation.
- The contract period shall be one (1) year, renewable based on the results of the performance contract signed with the Project. The working languages will be English and French. The Road Engineer should therefore be fluent in English and have working knowledge in French.
The Eligibility Criteria
- The preparation of the shortlist, and the selection procedure shall comply with the African Development Bank’s “Rules and Procedures for the Use of Consultants” (May 2008 edition – revised in July 2012).
Application Closing Date
3rd July, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Letter of Expression of Interest and Curriculum Vitae (providing clear information on their experience and qualifications for the assignment) to the address (physical or electronic) below, and must be clearly marked; “Study on the Abidjan-Lagos Corridor Highway Development Project/Expression of Interest for the services of an Anglophone Road Engineer for the Project Implementation Unit”:
For delivery in person to:
Directorate, General Administration,
First Floor of the ECOWAS Commission Headquarters,
Plot 101, Yakubu Gowon Crescent,
For delivery by email:
Attention: Commissioner General Administration & Conference
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org With copies to: email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com
The candidates should also produce:
- CV references of similar services demonstrating that they are qualified, description of their experiences and tasks in similar assignments, availability, etc.
- The Expression of Interest will be submitted in English.
- Interested consultants can obtain further information at the email addresses mentioned below during working hours; 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon (local time) on working days; firstname.lastname@example.org with copy to email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com