Graduate Logistics Assistant Job at Action Against Hunger
Action Against Hunger works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Logistics Assistant
Location: Damasak, Borno
Job Type: Full Time
- The Logistics assistant will be based in Damasak, Borno state and provide support to the Base Logistics Officer.
- He/she will manage the delivery process of items ordered from suppliers including the supervision the security guards and daily workers at the base.
- He/she will be in charge of stock and premises management according to Action Against Hunger best practices.
- The successful candidate will be also in charge of archiving and scanning all purchase documents at the base.
Aspects of the duties include but are not limited to:
- Follow up and issue request for quotations and related documents from suppliers.
- Archive and scanning of PDs for the base.
- Place and follow up orders with suppliers and manage the delivery process.
- Monitor items delivered by suppliers and ensure coherence with the requirements stated on the PR and ensure quality products are received.
- Deliver all procured items to stock or the requester according to requested delivery date.
- Review the security observation/log book.
The successful candidate will have:
- A degree in a related field with at least 1 year working experience in logistics or procurement.
- Strong computer skills including all Microsoft office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Experience in the International Non-Governmental Organization (INGO) and Humanitarian context.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written).
- Fluency in English, Hausa and Kanuri.
- Sound knowledge of Action Against Hunger logistics procedures and kitlog.
- To be an inhabitant of Mobbar LGA or nearby LGAs.
- High level of flexibility and self-motivation.
- Commitment to Action Against Hunger mission, values and policy.
Application Closing Date
12th June, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Advert may close before the due date once we receive application from qualified candidates
- Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.