NGO Job for an Administrative Officer at Medecins du Monde
Médecins du Monde (MdM) is an international humanitarian organization whose mission is to provide medical care for the most vulnerable populations, the world over, including France. It seeks to stimulate voluntary commitment from doctors, other health care providers, and from those whose expertise in other fields is needed for its activities, to enlist all competent support required for the achievement of its projects, and to seek at all times to encourage close working relationships with populations in its care. MdM operating in Nigeria, Borno state since October 2016.
We are recruiting to to fill the position below:
Job Title: Administrative Officer
Location: Damboa, Borno
Starting date: ASAP
Line Manager: Base Log/Adm Manager Damboa
Line reports: N/A
Length of Contract: 6 Months
Possibility for Extension: Yes
Under the supervision of the Base/Log Admin manager, the Admin Officer will be responsible for the following main activities in accordance to national and MdM procedures:
- Finance and Accountancy
- Cash Management and Payroll Management
- General Administration
- Implements and explains MDM financial rules as needed, including Donor rules under guidance of the Finance Co.
- Support the Base Log/Adm Manager in the review of MRs, evaluation grids by ensuring the donor and saga code are completed
- Review all payments requests for completion before they are submitted to Field Co/Finance Co for payment
- Participates to the yearly budget and revised budget construction with the Finance Co and while seeking involvement from the other departments;
- Ensures the respect of accounting rule set as per MdM standards;
- Preparation of payment related to the daily operation of the MdM programs after double check of records, according to MdM procurement procedures (Mission Request, Purchase order, contract, invoices & receipts, quotations, and proformas etc. )
- Verify that all the receipts/invoices are correctly filled and they are eligible for MdM accountancy (indicating: date, details of the supplier, clearly written the amount with the stamp PAID);
- Archive all the relevant administrative and accountancy documentation in the proper way indicated by the Administrator and according to MdM procedures;
- Supervises the Finance Assistant to make sure to enter invoices & payments data regularly into accountancy software (saga) in accordance with MdM standards and to the accountancy and budget framework.
- For bank payments send the complete documents to country office in due time.
- Ensures the SAGA entries and complete the month-end accountancy closure (printouts,
- Accounting annexes and SAGA books to be sent to the Finance Co
- Reconciliation of cash and preparation of the monthly cash counts.
- Collaborate in the preparation of documents for financial/annual audits.
- Lead on the Consolidation of the bimonthly cash request for the Base log Admin Manager/Field Co with input from different departments and to submit it to Finance Co in Country office.
- Responsible for the cash advance and for utilities and supplier’s payments and pro-actively follow up on the same;
- Responsible for daily workers payments and ensure all documents are complete.
- Ensures the payment and justification of any per diem and transport for employees sent out on the field
- Works closely with the Logistics Department to ensure the respect of the procurement: checks the administration forms and ensures the proper validation circle is respected (quotations, evaluation and validation grid, purchase order, delivery note, etc);
- Close the accountancy at the end of month and do the cash count with Field coordinator
- Send the complete accountancy and Saga (accounting Software backup to country office) on the 2nd of each month.
DAMB Human Resource Administration and Recruitment:
- Update the payroll data base on monthly bases for all DAMB Staff with their HR information’s, leaves, overtime, advances and all deductions. Calculates overtime and leave to ensure accurate payments to all MDM staff using time sheets for validation
- Using the attendance sheets, and under validation of the Field coordinator/Medical coordinator, calculate and pay the incentives as per the determined time-table.
- Support Finance Co to Follow-up on any change of policy in the Nigerian/Local government legislation on an ad-hoc basis, when information on changes in legislation is available
- Organizes archiving and filing of all HR and administrative documents;
- Communicates the different policies/Memos applicable in the office to the rest of staff and ensures they are respected;
- Assists the Base log Admin Manager/Finance Co when necessary.
- Is the supervisor of the Admin assistant, cook and cleaners
- Trains and follow-up on the Admin Assistan
- Be flexible in performing his/her duties
- Inform immediately the security focal point in case of any security problem
- Perform other additional duties on request of the Base/Log Admin Manager.
- Independently identify areas of work within the department that require support, and carry out the same.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting or comparable degree
- 2 years progressive experience in a similar role
- Fluent in English and Hausa. Knowledge of Kanuri would be an added advantage
- Experience with NGO required.
- Experience with Saga will be an asset
- Experience working in a multi-organizational team (international and national partners) is a plus.
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English required, including report development, writing and editing.
- Excellent skills in excel and data analysis are required for this position, and will be tested at interview
- Demonstrated attention to detail, ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work independently and cooperatively with team members.
- Fluent english and hausa required.
Application Closing Date
20th June, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a two page Curriculum Vitae, three work-related references and one page cover letter in One Document (MS Word or PDF) explaining how your skills and experience match the job requirements stated above to: firstname.lastname@example.org Please write the “Job Title and your Name” in the subject line.
- Only applications by email will be considered
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- We are unable to accept phone calls.
- We’ll pay attention only to the complete files in English.
- Our process of selection include some written tests and oral interviews.
- Please notice that if you have not heard from MdM within 2 weeks, you should presume you were not short listed for this position. However, MdM thanks you for your interest and encourages you to apply for other openings where your skills and experience match.
- MdM stands up for the integration of people living with disabilities and fights against discrimination.