Manufacturing Supervisor needed at Philip Morris Nigeria
Philip Morris International Inc (PMI) is the leading international tobacco company, with six of the world’s top 15 brands including the number one cigarette brand worldwide. PMI’s products are sold in more than 180 markets.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Manufacturing Supervisor
Location: Ilorin, Kwara
- Philip Morris Nigeria is currently seeking a talented, experienced and business-savvy professional to join as its Manufacturing Supervisor for the manufacturing site in Ilorin, Kwara.
- This is a unique opportunity to join a world-class multinational company. The role will initially be a 12 month FTC, with the opportunity to progress on to a permanent role thereafter.
- Reports daily KPIs to ITC (International Tobacco Company) and PMI management, takes necessary actions related with deviations
- Organizes brand change and size change activities with ITC effectively without any quality issues
- Plans and delivers operational trainings if neccessary to reach expected expertise and performance level
- Involves daily meetings with ITC; supports 2-way feedback of the production performance
- Organizes & schedules technicians in 3 shifts, prevents distruptions
- Assures filter/Cork Filters (CF)/Non Tobacco Materials (NTMs) availability on the machine
- Coordinates CF/NTM transfers from warehouse, and Finished Goods (FG) transfers to warehouse without
- Assures incoming inspection is done for NTM/CF
- Assures routine samples from filter/cigarette/pack production for physical and visual analyses are taken
- Assures lab samples for PMI VQA/Smoke Yield/Heavy Material Labs and for Panel are taken and sent to PMI laboratories
- Plans and delivers QA trainings if neccessary to reach expected expertise and performance level
- Evaluates, reports and takes necessary actions related with non-conformities if needed
- Traces back the non-conformities on the FG if needed
- Identifies major non-conformities, creates problem solving groups
- Assures GMP for PMI production is in place
- Works in coordination with ITC QA Manager; assures that PMI documentation and quality system needs are followed by ITC.
Supply Chain Accountability:
- Assures proper stock counts are done, MRP is run flawlessly and material requests are shared with related parties
- Analyzes the production plan coming from supply chain supervisor, shares with ITC and schedules it effectively.
- Plans and coordinates utilization of freezing container in coordination with ITC, prevents infestation risk
- Keeps warehouse organized, assures FIFO is applied properly
- Assists NTM/CF delivery and FG shipments, assures loading/unloading is done properly and the documentation is precise
Asset Engineer Accountability:
- Identifies needs for spare parts and sub-groups; elevates it to PMI SC if needed
- Performs inspections prior to maintenance in Filter/Maker/Packer Machines and prepares PMR lists
- Organizes and schedules PM/1P monthly and yearly maintenances in coordination with ITC
- Plans mechanics and electronics training for ITC technicians, coordinated with PMI and ITC
- Plans for TSP support for the filter/maker/packer machines if needed.
- Makes necessary preparations for new projects, reports the needs and the status
- Solves minor stoppages, reports major breakdowns, creates problem solving groups if necessary
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related subjects.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience, with 3-5 years’ field experience in Quality Assurance and Manufacturing. Maintenance experience will be an asset.
Certifications & Skills:
- User friendly in office package and SAP
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Territory Management & route planning
- Regulatory environment knowledge
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online