Monitoring & Evaluation Assistant Position at FHI 360
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research, technology, communication and social marketing – creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring & Evaluation Assistant
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Project: Global Fund
The Global Fund is a 21st-century’ partnership organization designed to accelerate the end of AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria as epidemics. Founded in 2002, the Global Fund is a partnership between governments, civil society, the private sector and people affected by the diseases
The Global Fund raises and invests nearly US$4 billion a year to support programs run by local experts in countries and communities most in need. Since 2003, the Global Fund has invested more than 1.4 billion dollars in the fight against AlDS, TB and Malaria in Nigeria.
The Reading and Numeracy Activity (RANA) is a UNICEF-funded early primary grades reading pilot project implemented in partnership with FHI 360 in collaboration with the governments of Katsina and Zamfara states. RANA aims to improve literacy and numeracy for girls and boys in primary grades 1-3 in the supported states. It will assist approximately 100 formal Schools and Integrated Qur’anic Schools (IQS) in each of the states
FHI 36O is collaborating with AHNI on Global Fund/RANA project management and we are currently seeking the services of a qualified candidate as Monitoring & Evaluation Assistant.
- Monitoring & Evaluation Assistant will be reporting to the M&E Specialist by providing support to ensure that state monitoring and evaluation activities are appropriate and meet the donor and project’s M&E needs
- Undertake basic data validation checks and routine quarterly DQA, enter program data into designated data management software fbr subsequent analysis; and maintain hard copy data records on file for audit trail as appropriate.
- HND/B.Sc.,B.A in Statistics, Monitoring and Evaluation or in any other relevant Degree; or Ordinary National Diploma with relevant experience in Monitoring and Evaluation or data management
- Familiarity with Nigerian Educational systems and NGOs and CBOs is an added advantage
- Working knowledge of data processing and statistical computer packages.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English and working knowledge of the Hausa Language is desirable.
Application Closing Date
26th June, 2018
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their Resume (CV’s) and Cover Letter as a single document to: AHNi-M&EJobs@ahnigeria.org stating the Job Position and location on the Subject column
- AHNi is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Only applications sent electronically (i.e. by e-mail) with the Job Title and location clearly indicated as the subject of the mail will be considered
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- AHNi does not charge candidates a fee for a test or interview.