Assistant Account Manager wanted at Juan Industries
Juan Industries is one of the proud leading Chemical industry with both locally and internationally recognition and standards. We are engaged in the production and supply of inorganic and organic chemicals for the production of food substances, pesticides, herbicides and cosmetic materials.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Assistant Account Manager
- The Assistant Accounting Manager is responsible for all areas relating to financial reporting
- This position will be responsible for developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements
- The Assistant Accounting Manager will have contact with senior-level Attorneys and the firm’s Executive Director and Controller which requires strong interpersonal communication skills both written and verbal.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure.
- Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close.
- Ensure the timely reporting of all monthly financial information.
- Assist the Controller in the daily banking requirements.
- Ensure the accurate and timely processing of positive pay transactions.
- Ensure the monthly and quarterly Bank Compliance activities are performed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Supports budget and forecasting activities.
- Collaborates with the other finance department managers to support overall department goals and objectives.
- Monitors and analyzes department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Advises staff regarding the handling of non-routine reporting transactions.
- Responds to inquiries from the Director of Finance, Controller, and other finance and firm wide managers regarding financial results, special reporting requests and the like.
- Work with the Controller to ensure a clean and timely year end audit.
- Supervise the general ledger group to ensure all financial reporting deadlines are met.
- Assist in development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the department.
- Provide training to new and existing staff as needed.
- Handle personnel issues relating to staff conflicts, absenteeism, performance issues, etc.
- Work with each direct report to establish goals and objectives for each year and monitor and advice on the progress to enhance the professional development of staff.
- Support Controller with special projects and workflow process improvements.
- B.A/B.Sc in Accounting/Business Management
Technical Skills and Prior Experience:
- One to three years prior supervisory experience in the financial
- reporting/general ledger area, experience working in a production firm or professional services firm is preferred
- Must be PC proficient and able to thrive in a fast -pace setting
- Experience with Elite Enterprise, J.D. Edwards or other large automated accounting system a plus.
- Must have strong experience with Microsoft Excel, Access and Word Ten key by touch required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills Strong interpersonal, supervisory and customer service skills required.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines required.
- We believe in rewarding her employees for their commitment and endeavors and have designed a flexible benefits package that will suit all of our staffs.
- Salary Range: N70,000 – N210,000 per month
- 4% pension scheme
- Plus range of allowance, incentives and bonuses
Application Closing Date
20th July, 2018
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their updated CV’s/Resumes to the “HR” through this e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org using post applied for as the subject of the mail.
- CV’s should be in MS word format and applicants who applies more than once for this job post will be disqualified automatically
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.