Drug Dispenser (Emergency Team) Job at Medecins Du Monde
Medecins Du Monde or Doctors of the World, is an international humanitarian non-profit organization that provides emergency and long-term medical care to vulnerable populations while advocating for equal access to Healthcare worldwide.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Drug Dispenser (Emergency Team)
Stock management in link with mobile clinics:
- Prepare all the necessary drugs, material and equipment for mobile clinics and ensure that everything is ready before to leave MdM office
- Realize the pharmacy stock management (in/out) at the mobile clinic
- Calculate daily consumption for each item in order to anticipate any shortage
- Do a weekly physical inventory of mobile clinic pharmacy
- Prepare drugs orders to MdM central pharmacy with the assistance of the medical doctors and paramedics staff
Distribution of drugs during the mobile clinics:
- Give the drugs according to the medical prescription.
- Ask the medical doctor or the midwife to complete their prescription in case of incomplete information (dosage, duration…)
- Indicate the name, presentation and dosage of the drugs on the dispensing bag.
- Explain to the patient how to take the treatment and make sure that the explanations have been understood
- Explain the potential side effects of a drug to the patient
- Fill in the daily consumption form for each item
- Ensure patient confidentiality is respected and treat all the patients with respect and dignity
Collection, computerization and analysis of weekly drugs consumption:
- Collect the daily mobile clinic consumption
- Participate to the weekly computerization and analysis of the drugs consumption
Reporting and attendance to different meetings:
- Prepare a weekly activities report to submit to the pharmacist and team leader
- Participate in a pro-active way to MdM internal meetings (medical, security…)
- Participate to all the trainings organized by MDM
- Give suggestions to improve the functioning of MDM mobile clinics
- Participate to the loading and unloading of the vehicles and to the setting up of the mobile clinics
- Be flexible in performing his/her duties to ensure that beneficiaries are getting good quality services
- Is responsible for the proper use and maintenance of assigned equipment
- Perform other additional duties on request of the team leader
- Inform immediately the security focal point in case of any security problem in the field
- Pharmacist Preferred
- Experience in similar position for at least 2 years
- Good knowledge in dispensing and medical stock management
- Capacities in team management
- Strong sense of responsibilities and organization skills
- Strong work ethic and rigor
- Languages (spoken and written): English, Kanuri and Hausa
- Excel and word
- Team player
Application Closing Date
6th July, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Thank you for your interest in our organization, please answer each question clearly and completely. By submitting this form, you certify that the statement you made in answer to the foregoing questions are true, complete and correct, please do not send email, just fill this form.
- Kindly note that MDM Nigeria does not ever require nor accept any compensation whatsoever in exchange for recruitment.
- Going forward, MDM will not attend to applications sent via mail; only applications sent via this link will be treated.