Information Management Officer Job at COOPI Cooperazione Internazionale
Cooperazione Internazionale (COOPI) is an Italian humanitarian non-governmental organization founded in Milan in 1965. COOPI aims to help the world’s poorest to improve their access to healthcare, food, and financial security, and to overcome their special vulnerability to wars, civil conflicts and natural disasters. For 50 years of long-term support and constant presence in the field, COOPI has been engaged in breaking the cycle of poverty and responding to specific emergencies in numerous sectors, including Food Security, Humanitarian Aid, Health, Socio-Economical Services, Water and Sanitation, Human Rights, Education and Training, Migrations and Sustainable Energy.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Information Management Officer
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Duration: 12 months
Starting Date: 23-07-2018
Scope of the Vacancy
- The role of the Child Protection information management officer is to support the establishment and management of Child Protection Information. The information management officer will be the focal point for input, analysis and producing information on case management and community-based Child Protection programmes.
- In close collaboration with the Case Work Team, Project Officers, and Programme Manager, the Child Protection Information Officer will ensure that Child Protection related information is properly recorded, analysed and incorporated into programmes to improve quality of service delivery and wider understanding of child protection issues.
Under the direct supervision of the Head of Base and in link with the Program Coordinator, he/she:
- Provide feedback to Child Protection Project Team about good practices or gaps related to Child Protection information management including the inclusion of additional tools, required changes in information gathering and supporting lessons learned
- Ensure tools and system are user friendly appropriate to the context.
- Act as the focal point for Child Protection information management, including database, 4Ws/ Activity info and other related external and internal reports.
- Support Supervisors in data collection, interpretation and management
- Support COOPI team and partners to understand and use Child Protection information management tools
- Provide trainings, technical support, advice and guidance on relevant tools and systems and provide on-going support
- Use the database to monitor adherence to procedure on individual cases and ensure that role and responsibilities of Case Workers are upheld with support from Senior Case Work Team
- Provide programme analysis, disaggregated data when needed to the programme technical leads for proposals and reports
- Adhere to confidentiality, data protection protocols and relevant COOPI policies and procedures
- Perform other duties related to assignment proposed by his/her supervisor/s
- Minimum of 3 years’ relevant work experience in humanitarian organizations.
- Experience working with International NGO’s, UN agencies and proved capacity in networking and negotiating with authorities
- Very strong analytical skills
- Familiarity with case management systems, preferable experience with child protection case management.
- Good knowledge of assessments, data collection and report writing and monitoring and evaluation frameworks
- Solid work experience with databases
- Excellent interpersonal skills (Good analytical, negotiation, advocacy and communication skills) and demonstrated ability to establish effective team and external relations
- Ability to work under pressure in a rapidly changing and sometimes insecure environment
- Excellent English language skills both written and spoken are essential.
- Experience with donors such as EU, USAID, UN Agencies, Italian Government, etc.
Application Closing Date
16th July, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online