Latest Vacancies at Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited
Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited, (formerly Moody International Nigeria Limited) was established in 1996 as a partnership between Moody International Group and Nigerian investors. Since commencing operations in March 1997 the company continues to grow and exerts its presence in numerous Projects in the Nigeria Oil and Gas Industry.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Contracting Management Advisor I – EXPAT
Job Type: Contracts
Job Nature: Rotation 8 wk on / 2 wk off (Days On – 56; Days Off – 14)- Days On:56, Days Off:14
- The Contracting Management Advisor is a technical leader who serves as an expert in contract planning, development, and administration, or materials management matters.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Contracting and Materials Management Strategy Development
- Ensure that the organization properly translates project specific objectives and strategies into appropriate Contracting and Materials Management Strategies
- Provide advice to Project Management on quality issues and support effort to resolve them
- Ensure that the Contracting Strategy Workshops (CSWs): consider appropriate alternatives and objective criteria for evaluation and selection of lead case and fallback options, utilize appropriate broad based market intelligence in assessing contractor interests, capabilities and compensation options and consider partner requirements / constraints
- Support the organization in review and endorsement of proposed contracting strategies Contract Planning
- Ensure that screening / pre-qualification activities engage an appropriately broad contractor community, with the necessary critical questions / evaluations
- Support the organization in review and endorsement of proposed bid slate
- Ensure that bid review plans incorporate best practices and apply the most weight to critical success / failure criteria
- Support the organization in review and endorsement of proposed contract award recommendation Contract Administration
- Ensure that complex administration matters such as incentive plans and major claims resolution receive appropriate scrutiny and strategic / critical thinking prior to implementation Skill Development
- Support the Senior Contracts Engineering Consultant in mentoring and development of SMEs, Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) Specialists, and Contracts Engineer (CE) Advisors
- Support the equipping and education of personnel in project contracting
- Serve as a trainer in contracting sponsored courses (Contract Planning, Development and Administration (CPDA), Bid Review, Advanced Contracts Strategy Management (ACSM) )
- Support the Sr. Contracts Engineering Consultant and management in assessing organizational competencies and skill development plans External Engagement
- Support planning and engagement of contractor executive management as necessary in furthering strategic relationships, development of emerging contractors, and resolution of critical issues
- Engage as necessary with partners to educate on Company contracting processes, MI, and strategy development
- Engage with Company Affiliate contracting professionals to share learnings Organization, Systems, Processes, Procedures
- Support / champion the continuous improvement and incorporation of company’s lessons learned
- Support the Sr. Contracts Engineering Consultant and management in assessing that the organization and its systems, processes, procedures are delivering the intended business results
- 15+ years’ experience in contracts engineering / administration / materials management required, 20+ years preferred
- 7+ years’ experience in project leadership required
- BS in Engineering preferred
- Broad understanding of project execution and contracting principles, theories, and concepts
- Expert in commercial negotiations, contractor management and contract administration
- Willing to business travel or relocate to project sites (domestic / overseas)
- Management experience on major project
- Owner/Operator experience in project management roles
Job Title: Civil Engineer/Specialist I
Location: Sokoto, Nigeria
Job Type: Contracts
- Evaluate and comment on discipline engineering work performed both internally and by Contractors and sub-contractors to ensure that work is being executed in accordance with Company specifications, company standards, and regulatory requirements.
- Facilitates effective execution of discipline engineering and design routines that align with the team’s goals, objectives, and procedures.
- Assures accurate and timely communication among the team and other company Functions on discipline engineering activities, progress, and issues.
- In addition to technical ability, they should demonstrate sound communication, facilitation, and interpersonal skills.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Facilitate and coordinate discipline engineering technical work products
- Coordination and communication of various issues among the company’s and contractor’s engineering team that affect the discipline engineering design, safety, and regulatory compliance of the work
- Evaluate / comment work performed by the Contractor and sub-contractors to insure that the work is being executed in accordance with Company specifications, standards, and regulatory requirements. Includes review of discipline design drawings and documents
- Identify and assess deviations to Contract Technical Specifications and regulatory requirements; ensure that such deviations will be processed according to Company procedures; maintains Deviation Control Log.
- Steward discipline engineering queries from the Contractor and sub-contractors as well as technical information requests
- Keep Lead Engineer or Engineering Manager informed of discipline engineering progress, deviations, and execution concerns
- Participate in discipline engineering reviews at Contractor’s and subcontractor’s locations
- Drives and promotes capital efficiency in engineering design
- Support internal engineering general interest or Global Practice initiatives as requested by Supervisor
- 10+ years of closely related professional experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering with discipline or equivalent professional experience
- Broad and extensive knowledge of discipline design standards, specifications, codes, and appropriate safely criteria
- Ability to adapt to tight deadlines, heavy workloads, and frequent changes in priorities
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite of software programs
- Read, write, and speak fluent English, especially as it applies to technical and business communications.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 5th July, 2018.