Continental Chef Job at Bolton White Hotels & Apartments
Bolton White Hotels & Apartments is a leading firm in the hospitality industry. We are dedicated to ensuring the comfort of our guests. Our luxury accommodation in the heart of Garki and Wuse zone 7 in Abuja offers unparalleled guest services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Continental Chef
Report To: Executive Chef
- To be totally customer focused by consistently delivering excellent customer service with an informed, friendly and effective approach.
- To be responsible for the preparation and presentation of all dishes in your allocated area, ensuring that all guests receive efficient service and high quality dishes.
- To gain experience in all sections of the kitchen and ensure company and legal requirements are maintained at all times.
- To be fully aware of the preparation and service of all dishes on the hotel menus.
- To prepare and present dishes on hotel menus according to customer requirements.
- To ensure mise en place is carried out in your allocated area of work to meet forecasted demand.
- To maintain portion control guidelines in order to ensure the profitability of kitchen is maintained.
- To record temperature checks on food and in storage areas as directed to ensure statutory requirements are met and report any variances are rectified immediately.
- To ensure food materials are stored correctly and rotated to meet company and legal requirements.
- To keep food wastage to a minimum.
- To maintain high standards of working practices in terms of personal appearance and safe and hygienic working practices.
- To assist with the training of and supervise other members of the kitchen brigade.
- To assist with quality control and menu planning where appropriate.
- To practice the correct and safe use and care of all items of equipment.
- To report all damage, hazards and wear and tear occurring within your areas of work.
- To ensure all security and control procedures laid down are strictly adhered to.
- To assist with various cleaning duties as required.
- To be aware of product cost and kitchen gross profit targets.
- To assist with the ordering of food materials as required following company procedures.
- To consistently deliver superior customer service through our Customer Service Programme
- To be fully aware of and strictly observe Food Safety regulations and requirements.
- To attend training when required.
- To be fully aware of and strictly observe Health & Safety and fire procedures.
- To be fully aware of and comply with hotel and company rules and regulations as identified in the team member handbook.
- Knowledge of kitchen equipment
- Complete command of culinary basics
- Active listening skills: implementing the advice offered
- Time management: fluctuations in activity levels
- Taking the initiative
- Paying attention to detail and quality: respecting the instructions given
- Team spirit
- At least a minimum two years working experience in a similar position
- At least Secondary school education and must be able to communicate in English.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Letter and Resume/CV’s to: email@example.com using the Job Title as email Subject.
Note: This job is for applicants with experience only.