Hiring of Drivers at the British High Commission
The British Government is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organisational capability. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law. We promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Driver
Ref No: 09/18 ABJ
Type of Position: Permanent
Job Category: Other British Government Departments (Partners across Government, including UK Visas)
Job Subcategory: MOD (Ministry of Defence)
Start Date: 1 September 2018
Roles and Responsibilities
- Daily first parade and maintenance checks on relevant DS vehicles including maintenance of DS service logs, vehicle documents and maintenance schedules.
- Ensuring all vehicles are roadworthy and fully equipped as per DS checklist prior to the before start of each journey.
- Route planning, location threats and travel security of all DS personnel. To include loading of Sat Phone and mapping.
- To have a working knowledge of emergency First Aid, Map Reading and Satellite Navigation via GPS.
- Completing accurate journey record sheets for all journeys in official vehicles
- Liaison with Foreign Defence Officials and Embassy staff as appropriate
- Transport support for visiting Military and OGD’s when required (Via DA/DDA/ADA). Transport cover for BMATT when required.(Via DA/ DDA/ADA)
- To ensure your appearance, bearing and hygiene is of the highest standard at all times and you are to retain a reasonable standard of physical fitness.
Essential Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 3 years driving experience.
- Must be able to carry out basic vehicle maintenance checks.
- Valid and clean driver’s licence
Desirable Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Basic knowledge of MS Excel and Word IT packages would be an advantage.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- The incumbent should be prepared to help wherever required on a variety of different topics even if this falls outside the strict job specification. Reliability, initiative and a high degree of responsibility and security are essential.
- As a representative of a small OGD in the BHC, an ability to get on with others is necessary
- Seeing the Big Picture, Making Effective Decisions, Managing a Quality Service, Delivering at Pace.
Starting Monthly Salary
Application Closing Date
17th July, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online