Aquaculture Value Chain Technology Transfer Officer Job at the International Institute of Tropical Agriculture
International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) on behalf of worldFish TAAT program seeks suitable Nigerians for the position below at the Institute’s Headquarter in Ibadan:
Job Title: Aquaculture Value Chain Technology Transfer Officer
Recruitment Type: National (3-year renewable contract)
- The position will provide technical and administrative support to the implementation of the Aquaculture Compact and ensuring timely and high-quality delivery of activities and reporting.
- The development objective of the project is to expand access of smallholder farmers, majority women, to high yielding agricultural technologies to improve their food production, assure food security and raise rural incomes, and deliver regional public goods by scaling up agricultural technologies across similar agro-ecological zones.
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Support the Aquaculture Value Chain Coordinator in the development of all necessary submissions for approval by the TAAT Clearinghouse;
- Proficiency with database management systems to ensure strong reporting and data analysis;
- Strong interpersonal, leadership, communication and motivational skills;
- Manage the TAAT Project schedules to ensure timely completion of tasks including preparation of work plans, meetings and workshops;
- Timely documentation and analysis of project data, and preparation of technical reports and publications;
- Develop and coordinate technology outreach campaigns for TAAT programs in collaboration with partners and stakeholders;
- Design, prepare and disseminate communication, outreach, marketing, materials and products;
- Contribute to mobilization of resources;
- Participate in monitoring and evaluation of project activities;
- Perform any other tasks as required of the Aquaculture Value Chain Coordinator.
- B.Sc/HND in Fisheries and Aquaculture, Agricultural Extension, Animal Science, Aquaculture Production or related fields with minimum of five (5) years’ of professional work experience in aquaculture and fisheries extension or a closely related field.
- Proficiency with database management systems to ensure strong reporting and data analysis.
- Experience in project management especially with African Development Bank projects will be an added advantage.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and motivational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English with good working knowledge of French is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to write, publish, and disseminate technical reports, success stories, and promotional materials.
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary, multi-institutional, and multi-cultural environment.
- Resource mobilization experience and analytical skills.
- High attention to detail and proficiency with database management systems.
- Strong interpersonal, leadership, communication and motivational skills.
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Application Closing Date
19th July, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested applicants should complete the online application attaching detailed cover letter and curriculum vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format, The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague and evidence of current remuneration package.
Note: IITA is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes applications from female candidates.