Librarian/Archive Assistant Job at Stresert Services Limited
Stresert Services Limited – Our client, a leader in the Insurance/Corporate services Sector, is currently recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Librarian/Archive Assistant
Service Line Archive & Records Management
Employment Type: Contract
- As an assistant archivist/Librarian, you’re responsible for the effective and appropriate management of our organisation’s records from their creation, right through to their eventual disposal.
- You’ll provide access to accurate records for a range of operational and strategic purposes and ensure that legal obligations are met. This includes controlling the number of records created and stored, and identifying which records is to be preserved for historical and research purposes and those to discard.
As an assistant archivist/Librarian, you’ll need to:
- Responsible for the management of electronic and/or paper-based information
- Act as liaison between the central Archives and our various departments
- Coordinates transfers of records from the branch Archives to the central archive
- Participate in the coordination of archive related projects
- Ensure the provision of an efficient and effective records management system that is in accordance with departmental policy and legislative requirements for document management and retention
- Conduct routine visits to the various archives in order to implement document management policies
- Ensure all the filing rooms are properly set-up and provide training to all the filing room officers on the best way to manage documents
- Contribute to the development, administer the implementation of operational strategies associated with document and records management
- Develop and document relevant procedures to provide easy guidance on information storage, retrieval, retention and destruction which comply with departmental policy, practice and legislative requirements
- Manage the changeover from paper to electronic records management systems
- Provide a detailed monthly report on the digitization project (EDMS) to announce progress made to the Chief Archivist/Librarian
- Preserve corporate memory and heritage.
- Perform regular cataloguing of new acquisitions, maintaining accurate data and building a strong knowledge base of the library materials
- Maintain computer databases used to locate library materials
- Respond to information enquiries, giving appropriate access to information
- Identify the most appropriate records management resources; write reports and publications
- Coordinate the destruction or archiving finished data/records
- Design and develop filing systems, business classification schemes and undertake records surveys
- Ensure regular engagement with all internal customers for the achievement of a mutually beneficial and cordial relationship
- Other assigned duties by line manager.
Knowledge & Competency Requirements
Minimum Education & Experience:
- First Degree in Library Science, Social Science or Arts or its equivalent.
- 3-4 years experience in a similar field.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Organizational and coordination ability
- Technology appreciation, including a working understanding of Microsoft Office and Share Point Server.
- Good computer skills, searching the internet
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work in diverse teams
- Strong relationship building and networking skills
You’ll need to have:
- Strong communication skills to deal with senior colleagues, suppliers and contractors
- Negotiation skills to persuade senior colleagues to follow agreed record storing guidelines
- Problem-solving and analytical skills to develop an understanding of how your organisation works and build integrated records systems
- Good project management and organisational skills
- Good grasp of new technology and adapting to new IT packages and systems
- An awareness of information management principles and familiarity with information systems and archives
- Attention to detail.
Salary is N78,000 net monthly plus other benefits 13th monthly salary, HMO, pension remittance etc.
Application Closing Date
25th July, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV’s to: email@example.com using ‘LIB/ARC’ as subject of mail.