Nutrition Officer Vacancy at Action Against Hunger
Action Against Hunger works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Nutrition Officer
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- The Nutrition officer will be based in Maiduguri, Borno State and reports directly to the Sector Manager
- The Nutrition Officer is required to implement the nutrition activities at the community.
Task and Responsibilities
- Conduct capacity assessment of health facilities: baseline, progress and end line and to come up with reports of the same.
- Identify issues/problems and solutions as a result of the capacity assessment and progress assessment and in collaboration with the PM adequately implement solutions in order to resolve problems.
- In collaboration with the community volunteers and as needed the health facility staffs, mobilize the community for nutrition activities (detection of case, referral, follow-up.
- Support the community volunteers in the building up of the community mobilization network system in communities and follow-up implementation of activities.
- Implement community health groups (CHGs) within the catchment population for each health facility targeted by the CMAM component.
- Liaise with the logistics and admin departments to plan, procure appropriate supplies and follow up community based activities.
- Identify training needs of Health workers and Community Volunteers attached to facilities as well as conducting theoretical trainings if necessary followed by On Job Training (OJT).
- Work with the health facility in charges, health staffs and CVs attached to the health facility to identify properly and on time when the beneficiaries who must be transferred from the OTP to the stabilization center or any major medical site for treatment and different branches of the programme. Ensure that the transfers are actually well done.
- Participate in regular internal and external coordination for the program at LGA level and at state level when required.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Health, Nutrition, Nursing or related field. Higher level Degree preferred with 2 years working experience within humanitarian contexts, with at least 1 year in conflict/insecure contexts including community mobilization.
- Able and willing to frequently travel to villages and stay at the field.
- Capacity to supervise and coach health workers.
- Professional, motivated, flexible and culturally sensitive.
- Possess excellent team, budget, project management and representation competencies.
- Proficient in statistical softwares (Microsoft Office package, SPSS, SPHINX, STATA, EPI Info, ENA for SMART, GIS, etc.)
- Committment to Action Against Hunger mission, values and policy.
- Fluent in English and other local languages (Kanuri, Fulani, Hausa).
- Previous NGO experience in managing mobilization in different interventions (i.e. cash transfers, wash, Nutrition).
Application Closing Date
5:00 pm, 13th July, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Advert may close before the due date once we receive application from qualified candidates.
- Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.