Transmission Planning Engineer Job at MainOne Cable Nigeria
MainOne’s success is built on having talented and highly proficient people within their respective fields as the driving force behind our business
A job in MainOne is different from any other you have had. With joining MainOne you’ll be challenged, inspired and proud as you become a part of something big.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Transmission Planning Engineer
Reporting Line: Head, Transmission Planning
Job Type: Permanent
- Network planning and design including network protection schemes, network synchronization, and bandwidth availability and utilization.
- Circuit design as per customer specifications including circuit protection, transport network selection, and interworking across networks.
- Capacity planning and management of available and utilized bandwidth on the DWDM, SDH, Metro Ethernet GPON and OTN networks.
- Planning, selection, upgrade, and evaluation of the networking equipment used in the DWDM, SONET, and TDM networks.
- Research and investigation of new DWDM, SDH, metro Ethernet and GPON network elements and features
- Provide 3rd level technical support for diagnosing and resolving repeated network equipment issues.
- Ensure all NNI with third party providers and customers are protected
- Provide technical support for the network provisioning, installation and tech sales, sales engineering.
- Provide the planning, implementation, and coordination of DWDM, SDH, Ethernet and OTN network maintenance and restoration activities
- Supervise and provide support to vendor during the POC installation and testing.
- Develop and maintain technical documentation and database information for networks resources and circuits.
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Good communication and reporting skills
- Ownership and initiatives
- Good troubleshooting and problem resolution skills
- Good knowledge and experience with DWDM, OTN, Metro Ethernet SDH and GPON technology
- Experience with researching, investigating, evaluating, and qualifying potential new equipment for network deployment.
- Knowledge of fiber optic transmission and transmission systems, and electrical cabling and transmission systems.
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Ability to evaluate, and articulate the cost trade-offs associated with various network and circuit implementations.
- Knowledge and experience with network synchronization and timing distribution.
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft software applications including Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Visio, and Outlook.
- Ability to engage with and communicate with vendors, service providers, employees, and various business contacts in a professional and courteous manner.
Demand on the Job:
- The demand on the job is high with various submarine and terrestrial project such as odyssey, Exxon, Senegal, Babyfisher and camel upgrade.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online