NGO Vacancy for a Procurement Supervisor at Medecins Sans Frontieres
Médecins Sans Frontières is a private, non-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in crisis, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement Supervisor
Job Ref: LS03203
Main Objective of the Position
- Planning and supervising the procurement activities for goods, transport, subcontracted works and services for the project and capital according to MSF standards and protocols in order to ensure a transparent and efficient procurement and supplier performance.
- Plans and supervises the day to day procurement activities ensuring an efficient implementation of the procurement procedures in the project or capital, ensuring compliance to MSF standards and protocols, including but not limited to the following:
- Regularly assesses the market for new suppliers and seeks products/services that offer the best value for money within the shortest timeframes. Negotiates prices and proposes new suppliers to be validated. Develops and maintains relations with different suppliers in order to ensure a stable supply of goods or services.
- Submits and collects quotations and tenders following the MSF purchasing policy and provides updates on “item-supplier” data: price, availability, quality, lead time
- Together with the Supply Manager determines the purchase plan according to incoming requests / orders, product availability (shortages/surpluses), delivery times, budgets and other relevant factors
- Coordinates and supervises the purchasers’ activity, manages the purchases budget, and settles advances with Finance Department
- Supervises, in close coordination with the HR department, the associated processes (recruitment, training/induction, evaluation, potential detection, development and communication) of the staff under his/her responsibility in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required
- Performs delegated tasks according to his her speciality and as specified in his/her job description
MSF Section/Context Specific Accountabilities
- In collaboration with Supply Manager assess market in Abuja, Lagos, Kano and maiduiguri for the main logistics families and extends local providers net
- Collects information for CBAs according to validation table
- Checks quality of the items supplied with samples previous to purchases and with feedback from the projects and switches to other dealer/vendor if the items do not comply with minimum requirements.
- Makes sure all the documents (invoices, quotations, proformas, contracts,…) are properly written and reliable/true.
- Education Essential Technical Diploma in Supply Chain
- Experience At least 1 year previous experience in supply chain activities related jobs
- Languages English essential. Local language desirable
- Knowledge Computer literacy
- Competencies Results and Quality Orientation L2
- Teamwork and Cooperation L2
- Behavioural Flexibility L2
- To MSF Principles L2
- Stress Management L3
Other Required skills:
- Organization and planning skills, initiative and proactive.
- Committed to humanitarian principles.
- Due to the nature of MSF operations, flexibility is indispensable and unavoidable.
- Committed to humanitarian principles.
- Sensitive and respectful of religious and cultural differences
- Identification with Humanitarian, Cross Cultural Awareness, Self-Control, Quality and Results Orientation, Commment, Stress Management
NGN251, 200 (Gross Salary) as per the MSF salary scale (national contract)
Application Closing Date
26th July, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: email@example.com
Submit it in person to any of the following:
MSF Spain Offices,
Plot 394, Etang O. Obuli Street,
Off Idris Ibrahim Crescent,
Jabi – Abuja.
Any MSF Spain Base in Maiduguri, Gwoza, Pulka and Damaturu
Note: Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.