Administrative Assistant recruitment at The European Commission’s Directorate General for Humanitarian Aid and Civil Protection
The European Commission’s Directorate General for Humanitarian Aid and Civil Protection (ECHO) funds relief for victims of natural disasters and conflicts outside the European Union. For humanitarian aid, the Commission works with about 200 operational partners, including United Nations agencies, the Red Cross/Crescent movement and non-governmental organizations (NGOs). Aid is channelled impartially, straight to victims, regardless of their race, ethnic group, religion, gender, age, nationality or political affiliation.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Duration: The contract is initially for one year with the possibility of renewing depending on performance and subject to 3 months probationary period.
Duties & Responsibilities
As part of a dynamic team the Administrative Assistant will ensure an efficient operational and financial support to the assigned team, and an effective coordination with other interlocutors, through appropriate secretarial, financial & administrative duties by undertaking the following tasks:
- Maintain a schedule for staff for leave, absences, training and missions;
- Follow up protocol issues (visas, travels and work permits, stay permits, car registration);
- Maintaining office stock, stationery and supplies and inventory management
- Provide general administrative and secretarial support including drafting correspondence,reports, tender and contract preparation, emails etc;
- Provide clerical support including mailing, scanning, faxing and maintaining a proper electronic filing system;
- Schedule and coordinate meetings ,appointments, travel arrangements as well as minute taking;
Required Skills & Qualifications
- A relevant secondary education or equivalent commercial school, Minimum Secretarial Diploma;
- Capable of working under pressure, both in a multitasking position and ma multicultural environment;
- Previous experience in an International Organisation or NGO is an advantage;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word Excel, etc);
- Good communication skills; fluency in English (speaking & writing);
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience;
- Very Good drafting skills;
- Knowledge in accounting will be an advantage;
- Strong sense of agency and problem solving skills;
- As an indication the monthly basic Salary ranges from NGN 320,000 to a maximum of NGN 600,000 (Subject to local tax law).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their Cover letter, a detailed CV, Academic and Employment Certificates to: firstname.lastname@example.org Subject clearly marked “REF: “Administrative Assistant – ABUJA”.
Applications must comprise of:
- Your updated-resume max 3 pages in the European CV Format only; (Found above)
- Academic and employment certificates certified true copy by the applicant;
- A one-page motivational letter setting out the candidate a motivation and suitability for the position;
- The name, position and contact number/details (telephone, e-mail) of three references, one of them being from the last employer.
Application Deadline 31st July, 2018
Note: Applications which do not meet minimum requirements will be automatically rejected.