Supply Chain Assistant – Procurement Job at the Danish Refugee Council
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a Danish international non-governmental organisation, which promotes and supports durable solutions to the problems faced by refugees and internally displaced people all over the world. DRC is present in more than 30 conflict territories around the world assisting displaced people with shelter, food, income generating activities, and wide range of other assistance. It is of utmost importance for DRC to work in compliance with the DRC Accountability and Quality Management system and national legislations. Smooth, reliable and effective operational systems are preconditions for DRC to maintain its position as a trustworthy and reliable partner for our donors and an accountable organisation towards our beneficiaries.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Supply Chain Assistant – Procurement
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- Supply chain assistant – procurement reports directly to the Supply Chain Procurement Team Leader She/he must be able to pprovide support to the Supply Chain procurement Team Leader to ensure rapid procurement of all the program supplies, services, work and equipment whilst ensuring best practices and maintaining audit-compliant records.
Your Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Obtain quotation on behalf of the Supply Chain procurement Team Leader
- Conduct small purchases (single quote) and prepare the payment request
- Follow up the deliveries by relaunching regularly the suppliers
- Update the procurement tracker on a weekly basis and the supplier list at the request of your Line Manager.
- Update the supplier list at the request of your Line Manager.
- Make sure that the purchase files are well organized in the procurement cabinet
- Archive the purchase file after payment per project
To be successful in this role we expect you to be honest, able to manage a team, strongly motivated by humanitarian work, disciplined and team-oriented.
- 1-2 years’ work experience in Procurement-Logistics
- Knowledge & experience of dealing with service providers
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel).
- Flexible & willing to work in a remote setting & to travel to other field locations.
- Understanding of warehousing, supply chain, fleet management & inventory.
- Experience in working with NGO/INGOs andknowledge in Hausa
- Availability: 08/08/2018
- Salary and conditions: In accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment;
- The income will be subject to statutory deductions as per applicable Nigeria laws. The employee is responsible for the tax returns.
Application Closing Date
31st July, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- CV and Cover Letter indicating and explaining the suitability to the position applied.
- Provide contact details (name, position, email address and tel. no.) of 3 professional non-related references, whereas 1 must be for the latest employer. Please do not attach any written recommendations.
- Applications should be addressed to: “the Recruitment Manager”
- Applications sent by email will not be considered.
- Only motivated applications that address the stipulated duties and meet the required qualifications, sent together with a CV, will be considered. CV-only applications will not be considered.
- Only short-listed applicants will be invited for written test and oral interview.
- Applications sent/received after the closing date will not be considered.
- The position is for Nigerian Nationals Only.