Credit and Recovery Analyst Job at MKOBO Microfinance Bank
MKOBO Microfinance Bank Limited is a fully licensed MFB by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN). MKOBO was conceived to help solve consumers’ need for access to short-term emergency credit. Our goal is to provide access to short term unsecured loans, which is easily accessible. We cater to the demography currently underserved by the Commercial banks in our aim to help increase financial inclusion of the Nigerian population.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Credit and Recovery Analyst
- This role will report to the Risk Manager and work with the Manager and will be responsible for maintaining a complete debt collection portfolio, and for working with delinquent clients to resolve non-performing loans.
- The successful candidate will also be working with the credit to assess credit applications to identify suitability of affordability.
- Recovering bad debts from delinquent debtors.
- Working with the Risk Manager to assess credit applications
- Perform detailed analysis on applications with reference to approved policies to assess suitability and affordability of applicants
- Working with Credit Controllers to contact debtors to pursue payment.
- Devising customized recovery strategy on a case-by-case basis
- Making outbound collection calls to debtors.
- Reducing the non-performing loans owed to a company.
- Manage relationship with external collection agencies
- Designing and negotiation payment plans for debtors
- Following up with clients on previous payment arrangements.
- Locating and establishing contact with debtors and guarantors.
- Maintaining accurate, up-to-date customer account information.
- When necessary liaising with Lawyers, Bailiffs, Enforcement agencies.
- Negotiating settlements with clients.
- Taking ownership of debt collection cases and collateral where required.
- Maintaining appropriate and comprehensive records of all customer discussions.
- Reporting daily, weekly and monthly progress against targets to Management
- Minimum of Degree in Finance, Economics, Business Administration, Statistics, ICT etc. from a reputable University
- Customer relationship management skills
- Ability to work with little or no supervision
- Minimum of 2 years working experience in retail credit, risk and recovery.
- Problem Solving, Critical reasoning, detail oriented
- Excellent verbal, presentation and writing skills.
Skills and Competencies
- Knowledge of proper and ethical debt collection techniques.
- Ability to quickly build a picture of a customers’ personal circumstances and needs.
- Strong negotiating, counselling, and problem solving skills.
- Experience of collecting first and third party accounts.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suites Word, Excel and Access.
- Ability to be discreet while working with confidential information.
- Able to work well as a team and on own initiative.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Having a keen sense of urgency.
- Excellent listening ability and superb questioning techniques.
- Always accurate and on time in completing duties.
Areas of Expertise:
- Debt Collection
- Issue Resolution
- Credit Analysis
Application Closing Date
19th August, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications and CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org