Country Representative Opening at Ubongo
Ubongo is Africa’s leading producer of kids’ edutainment. As a non-profit social enterprise we create fun, localised and multi-platform educational content that helps kids learn, and leverage their learning to change their lives. We reach millions of families across Africa through accessible technologies like TV, radio and mobile phones.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Country Representative
- We’re expanding our operations to Nigeria, so we’re looking to hire a energetic, passionate Country Representative in the country who will implement and oversee our business activities and and impact the lives of millions of kids every day.
- We’re looking for a dynamic, experienced manager to help us kick off our operations, build a team, and manage it in Nigeria.
- They will be responsible for business development, recruitment, as well as expansion across platforms and languages.
- They will work closely with CEO, and CBO to set up a legal structure, and manage day to day operations as we scale across the country, and get our lovable edutainment to millions more kids in Africa.
- They will be based in Abuja, Nigeria.
Some of your first challenges will be:
- Take the lead on business development with advertisers, broadcasters, and distributors in across Nigeria. You will need to work, network and travel independently to expand the reach and impact of Ubongo’s fun learning products to millions more families in Africa.
- Build relationships and negotiate contracts with potential TV, Radio broadcasters and other distribution partners.
- Explore new revenue streams, partnerships and opportunities for expansion and spin-offs products.
- Oversee the adaptation of content into local languages
- Work closely with CBO on strategy and implementation of Nigeria distribution, market research/ user testing, and adaptation of products.
- Build a great team of Nigeria Ubongoers to do the marketing, manage distribution of content and other operational activities.
- Register the organization in Nigeria and ensure compliance with legal requirements.
- Map out processes, especially for administration, and monitoring, improving, sharing and training on them to ensure that team members are empowered to follow them!
- Improving our company-wide communications flow, information sharing systems and feedback rhythms to ensure that Ubongoers have the information they need, when they need it… and that the valuable knowledge that they have gets shared and documented!
- Working closely with our CEO and CBO to manage and leverage metrics, and operational insights for strategic decision-making.
- Manage finances including revenues and expenses and report to CBO on a weekly, monthly, quarterly and annually basis.
- Fill in wherever else is needed! We’re a small company and everyone wears many hats!
To be a match, you’ll need to be
- Ready and able to take on all the challenges listed above (and many more).
- This probably means you’ll have an MBA or similar degree, and significant management experience within a dynamic and growing company, but we’re more interested in your ability to get the job done than your qualifications.
- Outgoing and driven, with a “never say never” attitude. Breaking into new ground and developing partnerships with a diverse group of partners is a tough endeavor that requires tenacity, persistence and optimism!
- Passion for Ubongo’s vision of transforming the lives of the 440 million kids Africa by bringing them a fun new way to learn, that opens the door to a future of digital learning!
- To be based in Abuja but must be willingness to travel across Nigeria and Africa.
- Creative, flexible, always looking to learn new skills and willing to help out in areas outside the job description.
- Super with systems and processes – not just following them, but also creating them.
- You would need to be super organized and keep everything documented.
- Tech-savvy and able to quickly figure out new software and systems. We use a huge range of different cloud based programs to collaborate streamline our work, including Slack, G Suite, Creative Cloud, Workflow Max and others. You might even have to introduce new ones too!
- A persistent but empathetic pusher. We’ve got to get things DONE.
- Good at dealing with ambiguity and able to figure things out for yourself.
- Willing to speak up for what’s right, when you see wrong, or when you think there might be a better way.
- Honest, trustworthy, transparent and conscientious.
- Someone who loves kids and values the work that we are doing. They’re why we do what we do!
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online