Graduate Finance and Administration Intern Job at the Management Sciences for Health
Management Sciences for Health (MSH), a global health nonprofit organization, uses proven approaches developed over 40 years to help leaders, health managers, and communities in developing nations build stronger health systems for greater health impact. We work to save lives by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance and Administration Intern
Job ID: 13-10123
Dept/Unit: FINACC (Finance & Accounting)
Project/Program: A559 – GF Malaria
Reports To: Finance Manager
- The Finance & Admin. Intern will assist in providing finance & logistical support and coordinating programmatic information for the Global Fund Malaria project activities
- She or he will assist the Finance & Admin team for ensuring that any money expended in the field is done in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, MSH policy, and any cost principles imposed by the donor agency
- The Intern is aware of, and adheres to, MSH’s procurement integrity standards in all activities.
- Prepare payment vouchers
- Process payment of expenses, including per diem and transport to participants during activities in the field
- Prepare deposit slips for cash to be deposited into the bank account.
- Maintain accounting files
- Manage the inventory data base in the field office
- Support logistic for travels and activities
- Track and following up on outstanding advances and ensure timely reconciliation.
- Daily filling of vouchers
- Assist in gathering /photocopying of documentations for monthly payment of volunteers
- Assist in providing support during seminars, workshops, etc.
- Assist in checking and filling stores requisition
- Assist in ensuring routine servicing of equipment as and when due and keeping maintenance log
- Assist in periodic verification of physical inventory
- Receipt of orders into the store
- Post Internal Requisitions Delivery Notes (DN)
- Assist in receiving items from vendors and update stock cards where applicable
- He/She also support services such as spiral binding and photocopying
- Ensure the office facility is properly maintained for good work environment
- Any other financial and Admin duties as assigned by the supervisor
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of 1 years’ experience in finance and Admin position.
- University Degree in Accounting or Higher National Degree (HND) in Finance/Accounting
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, especially Excel spreadsheets, or comparable software and basic accounting software (i.e. QuickBooks).
Application Closing Date
31st July, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online