Resource Mobilization Officer Job at Access to Humanitarian Assistance and Development Initiative
Access to Humanitarian Assistance and Development Initiative (AHDI) is a non-governmental organization in Abuja, Nigeria. AHDI’s vision is a world where everyone is empowered to maximize their potentials, live with dignity and freedom. Its mission is to be the leading provider of innovative humanitarian and development solutions and services in Africa.
We are looking for a smart, passionate and qualified individual to fill the position below:
Job Title: Resource Mobilization Officer (RMO)
Direct Reporting: Directly reports to the Executive Director
Dotted line Reporting: Project Manager
Summary of Duties
- The Resource Mobilization Officer (RMO) would explore opportunities and support corporate fundraising efforts, with focus on individuals and donor agencies such as entrepreneurs and industrialists, international government donors, embassies, local and international private sector organizations etcetera in line with AHDI’s corporate mission and vision.
- Contribute to the development, periodic review and understanding of AHDI’s fund raising strategy
- Develop result-oriented systems and practices that will help convert AHDI’s resource mobilization strategy into action
- Develop innovative, actionable and practical fund raising activities that will increase both contractual and non-contractual funding of AHDI
- Constantly research on donors priorities and work with the senior management team in designing, developing and re-engineering products and services that will interest donors and promote potential partnerships
- Maintain active donor list and take lead on the processes that will lead to effective and successful engagements and potential collaborations
- Constantly sensitize donors and develop initiatives that will spread and expand AHDI’s visibility to donors
- Map prospecting bilateral, multilateral, philanthropic, and private sector partners and translate partnership opportunity into both funds and leverage in furtherance of program and resource targets
- Provide strong analysis of donor Calls for Proposals and provide advice to ensure bids are developed in timely manner, are aligned with donor requirements and address selection criteria
- Provide advice on key bid elements including program design, strategic partnerships, and presentation of evidence and demonstrated record of accomplishment to ensure that quality applications are submitted
- Have very strong knowledge of donor regulations, interpretation and compliance requirements
- Support pre-positioning activities (arrange and accompany donor visits, support in hosting strategic fund raising events)
- Establish and maintain strong relations with a portfolio of donors as evidence of resource mobilization efforts. Includes intelligence gathering and analyzing key trends in individual donor policies and plans comparatively with AHDI’s scope of interventions;
- Organize briefings, meetings, visits and events with current and prospective donors.
- Support teams to ensure compliance with donors and AHIDI requirements, including ensuring timely and quality reporting
- Support in the design, implementation and coordination of an institution-wide, comprehensive stewardship system that fosters positive and mutually rewarding relations between AHDI and all its donor.
Key Qualifications and Experience required
- Degree in International Development, Economics, Business Management, Public Finance, Public Administration, Rural Development, Social Sciences, or any other relevant field;
- Masters Degree will be an added advantage but not mandatory
- High level experience with demonstrable success in resource mobilization for medium or large local corporate agencies or international organizations;
- Ability to work with donors as well as manage and build strategic donor relations;
- Sound understanding of the donor financing landscape and processes;
- Ability to work on performance-based targets for fundraising;
- Fluency in English is mandatory;
- Knowledge of French will be an advantage but not compulsory;
- Results-oriented, accountable, proactive and able to work on behalf of AHDI with a wide range of stakeholders;
- Ability to work effectively within multi-disciplinary teams;
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills;
- Excellent written communication skills;
- Results-oriented and accountable;
- Intelligent, motivated self-starter with strong interpersonal skills and work ethic.
Application Closing Date
17th August, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified canddiates should send their CV’s and Cover Letter in a single MS word or PDF file to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here to apply online
Note: Clearly state “Resource Mobilization Officer (RMO)” as subject of your email.