Senior Business Applications Assistants Job at the African Development Bank Group
African Development Bank Group (AfDB) – Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Business Applications Assistant
Location: Côte d’Ivoire
Position N°: 50000562 / 50000556
- The Vice-President, Human Resources and Corporate Services will lead the effort to digitalize and transform the Bank into a knowledge-driven workforce, promote human resources policies that enhance talent, drive a performance-driven culture, and ensure the competitiveness of the Bank as the employer of choice.
- Under the direction of the President, s/he will drive a new corporate culture that rewards creativity and innovation and attracts and retains a world class workforce into the Bank.
The Hiring Department/Division
- The Corporate IT Services Department (CHIS) is mandated by the Bank to deliver the best possible IT services for Bank staff, and help achieve the results that will get the Bank closer to accomplishing its development goals.
- Client Services Division serves as the “face” of IT department and the “one-stop-shop” for IT support services, client services and provision of IT working tools to clients. The Division provides efficient and effective the ‘Run the Bank’ capability portion of the IT department by focusing more on delivery of IT services to clients.
- The main objective of this position is to provide 2nd level support service on all business applications and systems used in Bank as recorded by the clients at the IT Service Desk.
- In addition, to liaise with Business Process Owners on issues related to business process of the respective system and act as a focal point for feedback on usage of the applications and work closely with systems developers to ensure the systems functionalities are fully utilized by clients.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the general supervision and guidance of the Division Manager, the incumbent will carry out the following duties:
- Provide business support services by prioritizing, categorizing, investigating, diagnosing, resolving and closing all incidents and service requests related to business applications at the 1st level such as SAP, DARMS, BPPS, REGISTRY, SWIFT, SUMMIT, etc in accordance with agreed criteria and the needs of the organization at head office, regional resource centers, field offices, and liaison offices.
- Escalate all complex business application incidents and service requests to appropriate 3rd Level Support Teams or Business Owners for business processes instructions.
- Communicate with clients regarding business application incidents and service requests, and notify them of impending changes or agreed unavailability of services.
- Conduct user satisfaction by calling back and informing them about the progress of their logged incidents and service requests.
- Ensure all work is carried out and documented in accordance with required standards, methods and procedures and that any applicable configuration management procedures are adhered to.
- Record the resolutions of incidents appropriately to a knowledge database of business application known errors
- Monitor the performance trends of business applications and notify the systems developers and administrators on enhancements or resolutions for known and unknown errors for further problem analysis.
- Participate in user acceptance tests and early support services for released business application (new or upgraded)
- Provide coaching and guidance to clients on best use of business applications and recommend further trainings to clients
- Provide continuous technical and business trainings or share knowledge to fellow Service Desk staff on business application
- Ensure the incident management processes, service request fulfillment processes and problem management processes are followed during the provision of support services on business application systems.
- Deliver a service-orientated and quality-driven culture across the business application support services
- As focal point for business application support services, liaise with business clients and departments and ensure all services are rendered to the business as per service level agreement (SLAs).
- Inform the Principal Service Desk Officer / Chief Service Desk Coordinator in case of major incidents
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent degree in Engineering, Electronics Science and Communications
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant professional experience in ICT gained with similar multinational organization of major private or public institutions.
- Good knowledge of applications both functionally and technical architecture, the distribution of services to the application server level, databases, client computer, internet, etc.
- Working experience in ERPs such as SAP, etc
- Excellent knowledge of software development methods and disciplines
- ITIL Foundation Certificate.
- Strong analytical skills associated to capacity to solve problems.
- Ability to suggest better alternatives and flows to given requirements based on experience.
- Ability to use appropriate data structures and algorithms and come up with generic/object-oriented code that encapsulate aspects of the problem that are subject to change
- Knowledge of the Bank’s standard software: Excel, Word, Power Point, MS Project, Access, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, as well as ability to work under pressure, meeting competing deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills; and strong analytical ability and supervisory skills.
- Strong teamwork skills.
- Ability to communicate in English and/or French or good working knowledge for other language.
Application Closing Date
26th August, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: This position does not attract international terms and conditions (the post holder will be considered as a local staff and will not have international terms and conditions of employment).