Vacancy For Receptionist at Access to Humanitarian Assistance and Development Initiative
Access to Humanitarian Assistance and Development Initiative (AHDI) is a non-governmental organization in Abuja, Nigeria. AHDI’s vision is a world where everyone is empowered to maximize their potentials, live with dignity and freedom. Its mission is to be the leading provider of innovative humanitarian and development solutions and services in Africa.
We are looking for a smart, passionate and qualified individual to fill the position below:
Job Title: Receptionist
- Order front office supplies and keep inventory of stock
- Update calendars and schedule meetings, conference and workshops
- Arrange travel and accommodations as required
- Keep updated records of office expenses and costs
- Perform other clerical receptionist duties such as filing, photocopying, transcribing and faxing.
- Warmly welcome all guests visiting the office
- Guide visitors to the appropriate office
- Answer, screen and forward incoming phone calls
- Respond to first level operational enquiries
- Ensure reception area is tidy and presentable, with all necessary stationery and materials (e.g. pens, forms and brochures)
- Provide basic and accurate information in-person and via phone/email
- Receive, sort and distribute daily mail and other deliveries
- Maintain office security by following safety procedures and controlling access via the reception desk (e.g. monitor logbook, issue visitor badges)
Education, Skills and Experience
- OND level education
- Excellent organizational skills
- Multitasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks
- Customer service attitude
- High school degree; additional certification in Office Management is a plus.
- Proven work experience as a Receptionist, Front Office Representative or similar position in a structured organization
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Hands-on experience with office equipment (e.g. fax machines and printers)
- Professional attitude and appearance
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive when issues arise
Application Deadline 17th August, 2018.
- Clearly state “Receptionist” as subject of your email.
- Any application that do not follow submission instructions above will not be considered.