Current Job Vacancies at Breakthrough ACTION Nigeria
Breakthrough Action-Nigeria is a new five-year, USAID-funded project. The goal of Breakthrough ACTION/Nigeria is to increase the practice of 17 priority individual and household level behaviors and five provider targeted behaviors in the areas of malaria; maternal, newborn, child health and nutrition; family planning and reproductive health (RH); and tuberculosis, while increasing the capacity of national and sub-national entities to coordinate and oversee quality SBC programming. Implementation will vary by health area across eleven states.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Cleaner/Office Assistant
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
- The Cleaner/Office Assistant will be responsible for ensuring the office environment is clean at all times.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
In addition to the general duties described above. Specific duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Clean building floors by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, or vacuuming them.
- Gather and empty trash.
- Clean and polish furniture and fixtures.
- Clean windows, glass partitions, and mirrors;
- Dust furniture, walls, machines, and equipment.
- Mix water and detergents or acids in containers to prepare cleaning solutions, according to specifications.
- Follow procedures for the use of chemical cleaners and power equipment, in order to prevent damage to floors and fixtures.
- Notify managers concerning the need for major repairs or additions to building operating systems.
- Other duties as identified by supervisor.
- This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
Minimum Qualifications/Personal Attributes
- Minimum of SCCE.
- Minimum of 1 -2 years’ experience in the same/similar capacity is required;
- Experience working with donor-funded projects is desirable.
- Knowledge of basic administrative procedures.
- Well-organized, with ability to track multiple activities and deadlines
- Ability to work successfully in a cross-cultural, team-based environment
Application Deadline 3rd August, 2018.
Job Title: Capacity and Sustainability Advisor
Reports to: Project Director
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee the implementation of BA-N’s SBC capacity strengthening approaches on three inter-related levels, including: 1) strengthening the capacity of systems for effective coordination of SBC at the national and sub-national levels; 2) strengthening institutional/organizational capacity among key Nigerian stakeholders; and 3) strengthening the capacity of individuals to design, develop, implement, monitor and evaluate SBC programs and activities.
- Oversee the implementation of the BA-N’s SBC Sustainability Concept Note and Action Plan, including sustainability goals, objectives, activities and measurement at the community, ward, LGA, State and national levels.
Specifically, the duties and responsibilities will include:
- Developing and implementing BA/N’s capacity strengthening and sustainability workplan and action plan as it evolves from year to year.
- Overseeing SBC and related training programs for counterpart government agencies, implementing partner staff, BA-N staff, and other priority groups.
- Working closely with the BA-N Deputy Directors and their teams on the development and implementation of capacity strengthening and sustainability activities with the NTBLCP, NMEP/ACSM, FHD/HPD, NPHCDA and other key stakeholders.
- Provide capacity and sustainability technical support to the BA-N and partner state offices.
- Supervise a staff of approximately three to five people in the Abuja office
- Liaise and coordinate with BA partners on capacity and sustainability approaches.
- Coordinate and collaborate closely with the Breakthrough ACTION/Nigeria Deputy Director- Integrated SBC and FP, Deputy Director- Malaria and TB on incorporating capacity and sustainability approaches into their programs.
- Coordinate closely with all Breakthrough ACTION/Nigeria units including the SBC and Innovations team, the Malaria and TB team, Integrated and FP team, the Research, Monitoring and Quality Assurance Team, and the Finance/Administration Team.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with USAID, health partners, implementing partners, Federal and State MOHs and other key stakeholders, with guidance from and in collaboration with the Project Director.
Mentor project staff and partners:
- Provide extensive technical assistance to each state.
- Submit timely program reports on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis and disseminate program success stories, and other reporting duties as assigned.
- Assist with design of the project monitoring and evaluation system for capacity and sustainability approaches.
- Directly supervises the Senior Technical Advisors- Capacity Strengthening, the Training STA, and the Community Team, and any other staff on the Capacity and Sustainability team in Abuja.
- S/he will possess experience and demonstrated success in strengthening capacity for SBC, especially in the public sector, but also in the NGO sector, private sector and within civil society.
- S/he will possess a strong understanding of best practices in individual, institutional and systems capacity strengthening for SBC, and will have personal experience in applying key approaches.
- S/he will represent Breakthrough-Action/Nigeria to USAID and the GoN at national and subnational levels, and will cultivate open and collaborative management relationships with the management team at USAID/Nigeria, and other Mission-funded activities.
- S/he will work with other senior staff to monitor activities and proactively engage, coordinate and convene public and private actors to advance the practice of SBC in Nigeria.
The proposed Capacity Strengthening and Coordination Advisor must meet or exceed all of the following specific requirements:
- A senior technical expert with an advanced degree in public health, communication, business or other relevant field.
- At least 10 years of experience working in international health, including experience in a technical leadership capacity on large activities focused primarily on social and behavior change.
- Exerience working with Nigerian government entities at national, state, and LGA levels
- Experience working on Community mobilization and with Ward Development Committees and/or other local leadership groups
- Must be fluent in written and spoken English and at least one local Nigerian language.
- Experience working with Nigerian government bodies.
Application Deadline 7th August, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letters and CV’s as one PDF document to: email@example.com The subject line of your email should be the job title and the location e.g. “Capacity and Sustainability Advisor, Abuja.
Please follow the instructions EXACTLY. Any submissions that do not follow the instructions EXACTLY will be discarded without review:
- Your cover letter should include the following:
- Address the education/experience requirement specified for the position with specific examples where necessary
- Language skills. (Please note that language skills will be tested during interviews for shortlisted candidates.)
- Include the specific date when you would be able to begin work.
- CV and cover letter PDF file name must be your first and last name in CAPS (e.g.: USMAN SEGUN).
- DO NOT include any additional certificates or documentation. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.