Monitoring and Evaluation Officer Job at Mennonite Economic Development Associates
MEDA (Mennonite Economic Development Associates) is an international economic development organization whose mission is to create business solutions to poverty. Founded in 1953 by a group of Mennonite business professionals, we partner with the poor to start or grow small and medium-sized businesses in developing regions around the world.
We invite applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Location: Bauchi, Nigeria
- Under the guidance arid direct supervision of Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Manager, the M&E Officer will be responsible for implementing M&E activities.
- The M&E Officer will develop qualitative and quantitative data collection tools, gather and write reports.
- Job Status: Full time, 1 year contract renewable up to 5 Years
- Supervisor: M&E Manager/Field Project Manager
- Location(s) This position is based in Bauchi, Nigeria with frequent travel to the various LGAs of Bauchi State. Travel is approved by management.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support in developing qualitative and quantitative (e.g. survey data collection tools
- Gather qualitative and quantitative data on regular basis as outlined in the project monitoring and evaluation plan
- Analyse data and contribute to monitoring and evaluation reports for multiple audiences (e.g project team, donors, partners)
- Make presentations based on monitoring and evaluation data/results to project stakeholders
- Assist the M&E Manager in building capacities of the KFPs (key facilitating partners) to carry out baseline/day-to-day monitoring of their projects activities
- Ensure that all project monitoring and evaluation schedules are consistent with and responsive to the donor’s framework (Gtobal Affairs Canada)
- Include and mainstream the projects gender, youth and environmental sustainability strategies, with special attention to early and forced child marriage, and monitor these throughout the project
- Prepare and complete periodic appraisal, monitoring and evaluation reports to fulfil protect requirements
- Collect results generated trom implementation of M&E plan and consolidate data to allow the comparison of performance of KFPs: analyse those results and inform senior project management of any gaps or shortcomings in the attainment of protect goals
- Develop support materials and templates for project reporting activities
- Assist the M&E Manager with relevant training to assist field and support staff to understand and implement the M&E plan
- Support in developing and updating spatially enabled databases that warehouse the data/information which meets the reporting requirements of the M&E system
- With support from the M&E Manager, ensure deployment of databases in KFPs’ offices
- Train the KFPs’ relevant staff in proper maintenance of the project data, through a database management system, for prompt reporting as and when required
- Ensure data quality by holding review meetings with the M&E focal persons of the KFPs periodically
- Assist the M&E Manager in compiling monthly, quarterly and annual reports
- Apply MEDA’s values in all activities – cultural sensitivity, transparency and integrity in all relationship
- Any other tasks as may be assigned by the line manager or management.
- A University Degree, ideally in Statistics, Economics, International Development, Business Administration, Social Research Methods or Development related field experience
- Proven track record of at least two years’ experience in monitoring and evaluation
- Experience in conducting training is an asset
- Team player with excellent skills in building and maintaining relationships, networking, verbal and written communication
- Demonstrate ability and willingness to work in and with a wide range of cultures
- Familiarity with bi and multi lateral government agencies, donors, non-governmental organizations and other development agencies
- Creative entrepreneurial and resourceful approach to developing and implementing innovative solution
- Highly skilled in computerized document preparation and formatting, Excel desktop publishing and internet research
- Written and spoken English and Hausa is required
- Willingness to work under pressure and to work extra hours when required
- Willingness to travel to protect areas
- Prior work experience in Nigeria is preferred and other comparable country context is desirable
- Appreciation and support of MEDA’s faith, values, mission and purpose.
Application Closing Date
27th August, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: WAYjobapplications@gmail.com
- MEDA welcomes and encourages applications from all genders, backgrounds, religions, cultures, nationalities and abilities
- Accommodations are available on request for candidates with disabilities taking part in the selection process.