Vacancy For Unified Communications Engineer at the African Development Bank Group
African Development Bank Group (AfDB) – Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Unified Communications Engineer – CHIS3
Location: Côte d’Ivoire
Position N°: 50000630
- The Vice-Presidency, Human Resources and Corporate Services ensures the delivery of efficient, people-centered, client-oriented, corporate services to ensure overall institutional effectiveness in all aspects of the Bank’s corporate services.
- The complex leads efforts to ensure the competitiveness of the Bank as the employer of choice and is responsible for providing leadership in the formulation and implementation of Bank’s strategies on people, information technology, general services and institutional procurements, language services, business continuity and, health and safety strategies.
The Hiring Department/Division
- The Corporate Information Technology Services Department’s mission at the Bank is to align the Information Technology (IT) delivery strategy along with the Bank’s business strategy to increase the organizational effectiveness through efficient use of the Information Systems.
- Under the leadership of the African Development Bank’s Information Systems Director, the Information Technology Systems Department is mandated by the Bank to deliver best possible Information Technology (IT) services for Bank Staff, and help achieve the results that gets the Bank closer to accomplishing its poverty reduction goals in Africa.
- The Unified Communication Engineer purpose is to be responsible for the implementation, operation and on-going development of unified communication infrastructure and services to support the requirements and strategy of the Bank’s business.
- The other objective is to be responsible for the coordination and supervision of the Unified Communication team to provide high quality business services with a strong collaborative team ethic, both within the team and with the wider CHIS team.
Duties and Responsibilities
The key duties and responsibilities of Unified Communication Engineer are to:
- Propose innovative unified communication solutions, develop the design and the Business Cases for management approval.
- Develop and implement tests to evaluate various architecture design, concepts performance and features of the design. PoC (Proposal of Concept) before decide any solution to adopt.
- Set-up of unified communication infrastructure that include Polycom VC and Skype for Business Server 2015 Infrastructure
- Collaborate with other service teams –Networking, Servers, Applications and Security to assist in solving problems when related to Unified Communication services.
- Install, maintain and support the organisation’s unified communication networks within the organisation and/or between organisations as necessary. Plan, deploy solutions, document procedures and coordinate systems software and hardware activities with local and remote team members.
- Establish and continue operational best practices and standard operating procedures for deployment, support, and management (monitoring, maintenance, etc.).
- Engage in activities as required, such as developing documents, testing configurations and patches, and planning deployments.
- Interface with technology vendors for equipment servicing, training, warranty and routine maintenance.
- Initiate the procurement process for the approved project, participate to technical evaluation committee and follow up the process.
- Provide training to operation team and share knowledge for unified communications services.
- Design, plan, implement, configure, test and operate of unified communication infrastructure and services that include audio, web and video conferencing, streaming, recording, video on demand, sharing content and integration with other business applications.
- Evaluate new technologies to recommend future direction.
- Develop technical expertise in Unified Communication solution design and architectures for monitoring network consumption, capacity constraints and trending.
- Operate all aspects of unified communications system and applications including monitoring, problem-solving, updates and continuous improvement of systems engineering, operation’s processes and procedures.
- Analyse forecast numbers and models to forecast traffic requirements and capital costs. Prepare, present, recommend and implement modifications and/or new requirements to accommodate traffic.
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience:
- Hold at least a Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Telecommunications or similar field.
- Have a minimum of four (4) years of relevant experience in Unified Communications project implementation and operations.
- Ability to build and maintain rapport with all users at different levels of the organisation, across Complexes, Divisions and Departments.
- Excellent interpersonal skills coupled with a collaborative style
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills; ability to triage effectively under pressure.
- Good organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and within a team.
- Have the ability to effectively transfer and exchange information.
- Have the ability to develop work plan, define priorities and monitor work progress.
- Effective communication (written and oral) in French or English, preferably with a good working knowledge of the other language
- Competences in the use of standard technology packages and Bank’s standard software (word, excel, outlook, Power Point, MS Projects, etc…) and SQL database, Python, Linux Operating Systems.
- Professional Certificate in ITIL/Project Management.
- Microsoft Skype for Business and Polycom Certified.
- Working knowledge at Voice and Video standards: SIP, H323, MGW, SBC, ISDN/ PSTN lines configuration and GSM-Gateway, Cisco Voice Gateways/Skype for Business/ VoIP/ Windows/Linux Server operating system environment, implementation and support.
- Working knowledge of network function virtualization, network automation, data center virtualization and firewalls.
- Proven experience in Polycom Real Presence and Skype for Business project management, implementation and operation.
- Dynamic and self-motivated to provide better services to the users
- Proven experience in configuration and troubleshooting VoIP and video standards, essentially SIP, SDP, H323, RTP, RTCP, TLS Experience in designing and implementing IT Services
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 21st September, 2018.