Accounts Officer Position at an Engineering Construction Company
An Engineering Construction company located in Port-Harcourt requires for immediate employment technically sound and result oriented individuals to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Accounts Officer
Ref Code: MCLR/AC/02/18
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
- Responsible for providing accounting support to accounting supervisors and other managers within the department. Key daily worksheets to the general ledger system; Ensures files are complete and maintained as needed; handle accounts payable and receivable duties.
- Banking transactions both manually and online (cheque/cash deposits, cash receipt, payment transfer, cheque books etc.)
- Manage and reconcile office petty cash
- Oversee Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable
- Review/Preparation of daily proposed expenses with supporting documents and ensuring that they are approved appropriately.
- Internal Audit.
- Assist superiors where required with compliance regime with regards to VAT, PAYE Withholding, Superannuation, Payroll Tax, Fringe Benefits Tax and Work Cover Minimal exposure
- Processing of creditors invoices
- Raising of payments ensuring proper authorisations – via cheque and electronic funds transfer
- Preparation of daily inflow and outflow reports(Book-Keeping)
- Keeping up to date record of all accounting transactions via an ERP Software with daily inflow and outflow.
- Preparation of monthly bank reconciliation statements and cash lodgement.
- Record business transactions and key daily worksheets to the general ledger system.
- Management of filing system
- Match invoices to work orders.
- Process bills for payment.
- Reconcile the cash book with bank account statement every month
- Carry out annual physical verification of fixed assets with reference to the asset register
- HND/B.SC. in Accounting
- ICAN or ACCA will be an added advantage but is not compulsory.
- At least 5 years working experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Able to work with minimal supervision, be self-motivated and target-driven.
- Excellent organisational skills including the ability to determine priorities, meet regular deadlines and take/follow up action.
- Demonstrate a high level of confidentiality, tact, discretion, initiative and sound judgment
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task is an asset.
- Perform to earn Management’s full confidence
- Assure discreet handling of all business
- Applicants MUST be resident in Port Harcourt
Application Closing Date
30th September, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s and Applications quoting the position and reference code as the subject of the mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org